C. Lofton Vs. Maualuga, Toal, and Laurinaitis (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
This is just a thought. Many people are hoping that NO will draft a CB in round one and C. Lofton in round 2. Suppose, however, that NO does draft a CB in round 1 but trades their second pick for a #`1 next year. This would virtually guarantee (with two first rounders) that NO would have enough ammunition to get one of the top three ILBs next year, all of which are some of the best to come out in years. So here's the question: Would you rather have Curtis Lofton this year or Rey Maualuga, Brian Toal, or James Laurinaitis next year?

Thanks. I must admit he does look instinctive.

He really does have a nose where the ball is going to be and Coach Stoops made some good comments about him that go a long way in my book.

If he has a good combine, he may go 1st round....

Rey Maualuga in a LANDSLIDE!! infact, if he comes out this year i believe hes a top 8 pick...hes always around the ball, he hits the hardest in college football...hes from SC, hes the schizz...

I think you try to get better now. Who knows if those players can make it in the NFL or whether one or more gets a serious injury that ends his career.
There is only a small window in the NFL, and ours is here with Brees and company. We need to get as many playmakers as we can in this draft.

Jenkins - CB
Lofton - MLB
Bowman - WR - Coach has to get his offensive fix
Okam - DT
Adams - S
Shirley - DT
Jackson St. Center

Call me crazy, but I think that Lofton is a more sound linebacker than the others. I am not saying that he's better or will have gone as high as those guys will go. But Lofton is rarely out-of-position and does not tend to overrun plays like the others. If Lofton was a tad bit taller, he would garner more talk as a top LB. If we could get Sedrick Ellis and a guy like Curtis Lofton in the second (provided a top CB does not fall or some other highly touted player), Lofton would make sense. In fact, he might make sense even if someone was to unexpectedly fall. I am a fan of signing Lance Briggs and moving him to MLB. But if Lofton was there and was the best player on the board, I would still take him even if I had signed Briggs and move Briggs back to WLB.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom