CA Gov....”No large gatherings through at least the summer.” (3 Viewers)

Yea, once again nice try with twisting the numbers. You can't take those flu numbers which primarily occur during certain months (flu season) and divide them by 365 for your average per day, however for Covid deaths you take one month which is likely the worst/peak month to calculate your per day in order to be able to say its 15 times as many deaths. Not only is that BS math but it's simply not true. And using your fake 15 times number, their current projections would then be 900,000 deaths not revised down to 60,000 which is what they are now saying.
I think the stay home orders have had an influence on the the projections being adjusted downward. But yeah, that's a good point about flu season. Flu season runs about four months, so those 60,000 annual flu deaths would average about 15,000/month. By comparison, we've seen about 20,000 C19 deaths in the past 10 days, with extreme social distancing, and the daily numbers keep rising.

What do you mean, "all we are doing is" when that was a MONUMENTAL accomplishment - esp as opposed to having NOT accomplished that by Social Distancing and esp "Sheltering in Place".

Catastrophic amounts of those who would have been sick would have inundated the Healthcare system and instead of Controlled Economic Shutdown, it is quite likely we would have had an Uncontrolled Economic Shutdown.

First, they'll be doing a "controlled rollout" of what and where businesses can start up as well as who can go back to work.

And thousands of folk who have caught the virus and recovered are "more or less" (I'm no expert on this...) immune from catching the virus again.

So... as long as those in charge are SMART about this and the folk stick to the plan, it should be a lot better in a month or so...

Stay Safe out there!

Because it's all we are doing. It is big, and it'll give the hospitals a chance to re-supply and hopefully be better prepared for the next wave that'll come once they do their "controlled rollout" and open businesses back up again.

This all started from just a handful of people coming into the US. So unless they completely irradicate the virus here and shut down international travel until it's completely gone it'll just come back again. Hopefully they go with a targeted quarantine of high risk individuals when the curve starts to rise back up.

You're believing the garbage that China is putting out???

(And, sadly, that the media so readily puts out that garbage from China - ant the W.H.O.!)
Huh? I have contacts in China that I’m friends with that are also in the medical field.. you can’t be serious lol

Huh? I have contacts in China that I’m friends with that are also in the medical field.. you can’t be serious lol

I have a very hard time believing they only had 83,000 infected with the virus with only a few thousand dead.

Then ask your contacts for the real number of infected and dead in China because the numbers reported is total bullshirt.
Most of the countries in world are probably undercounting. I think China admitted they're were issues with their count methodology(yes, I know the CP is notorious). At this point its about the US getting it's act together.

I just don’t see how the almighty dollar is more powerful than a human life. People better get creative if they want to get through this or we’re gonna have a second wave and then maybe your eyes will be open to the severity of the situation. And just for your information I am a business owner AND I taking care of my employees for the next six months.

Through the save lives vs save economy argument aside for a second since purposely crasging the ecobomy will cost lives too.

What gives someone the right to tell you what to do with your own body and property? The choice to quarantine or not should be left to the individual. Not state mandated.

Through the save lives vs save economy argument aside for a second since purposely crasging the ecobomy will cost lives too.

What gives someone the right to tell you what to do with your own body and property? The choice to quarantine or not should be left to the individual. Not state mandated.
If we do not comply with the medical mandate of social distancing and covering your face or even staying at home for a period of four weeks to be able to flatten the curve, It just makes sense. Some of us don’t have the mental capacity to see the big picture so they have to be treated like children because they themselves don’t know what’s best for them, The states and the federal government are getting their information for the medical experts, you know science and stuff but hey you’re in Mississippi and I’m in California I’ll just take it as social distancing and good luck to you and yours, Of course I’m just assuming you’re in Mississippi because your avatar says Mississippi whodat

It's amazing how little people know know about our federal system of government (including the orange guy). Whether we like them or not, all of these public officials have been legitimately elected and have constitutional authority to carry out these actions under the guise of public safety. You can't run a business or a school if your employees keep getting sick. The largest pork processor in the US (Smithfield) has had to shut down multiple facilities because workers kept getting sick. This is not a joke.

Yeah, except you have the right to swing your fists as wildly as you like right up until they come in contact with my face. At that point, you are assaulting me.

Similarly, your right to be free to spread disease ends, imho, where you become a danger to others.

The Swine Flu (as well as the regular seasonal flu) is contagious for 1 day before symptoms show... COVID-19 can be contagious for 10-14 days before symptoms show. There is a huge difference in the possibility of massive amounts of people spreading the disease. COVID isn't a major problem because of the mortality rate, it's a major problem because of the transmissability.

This guy is a lot smarter doctor than I am..
-Dartmouth
-Albert einstein university
-Yale

HERD IMMUNITY. Is key. This is what I have been saying in the beginning

Can't stay and hide forever. Crushes the nation!

This guy is a lot smarter doctor than I am..
-Dartmouth
-Albert einstein university
-Yale

HERD IMMUNITY. Is key. This is what I have been saying in the beginning

Can't stay and hide forever. Crushes the nation!
Most people have pointed to those two options. However, what is the human cost (numbers wise) of 300 mil people getting to that point? Are you willing to risk your family or friends to try? This thing is about to take all other causes of death in the US on a daily basis.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom