Cab in NOLA ?'s (1 Viewer)

xaeniac

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Need tips for Cab travel in NOLA to avoid getting ripped off. Do you need to ask any questions before getting in the cab? Thanks

All you need to know is that all they want to do is go to/from the airport and they don't like to make short trips. If you get one at a hotel, they will be annoyed if you are not going to the airport or a really long ride. That and unless you are at a hotel or the airport it's really hard to get a cab to show up.

I don't have any experience with NOLA cabs, but with my experience in a dozen other large cities, you're pretty much going to get ripped off dude. Sorry. Just try and keep ya clothes on.

From hotel in Quarter to Restaurant August or the like....

Only use United Cab. Most locals do. Some of the others are a bit dicey.

Is it a better option to drive to Restaurant August? Is there parking or valet in this area?

Is it a better option to drive to Restaurant August? Is there parking or valet in this area?

You would likely not have a lot of trouble finding street parking in that area. As far as a cab, if the hotel has a cab stand, it probably won't be a problem to get one and the restaurant can probably call one to get you back.

I've used cabs in NOLA a few times on different trips. I never felt "ripped off." Also, I used them for short and longer trips with no problem. Of course, I was usually drunk so maybe I didn't pay good attention.

United Cab it is. Thanks for the # buzd

In Orleans Parish, we get that number imprinted in our brains at about age 15 or so. Note that they can't pick up in Jefferson Parish (airport, Metairie), and at the airport, you will get whatever cab is next in line - although United can take TO the airport. The airport is a fixed rate, though - $27 and up (I think) depending on number of people. It should be posted in the cab.

Most establishments (restaurants and bars) will call United by default if there aren't cabs waiting around.

If you're getting a cab from a downtown hotel, and the cab doesn't recognize your destination ("August", "Harrah's", "Superdome", whatever) when you say it, get another cab.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom