Cable companies vs. NFL Network (1 Viewer)

.70 a month to the league doesn't seem unreasonable since Comcast is charging $5 a month for the service.

My cable company doesn't carry NFL Network either and it never really bothered me, but now NFL Network is going to start having live games. I know the Saints don't have any games scheduled on NFL Network but they may in the future and I wonder how that will work. I know right now when the Saints play on ESPN one of the local channels simalcasts the game for people who don't have cable. I wonder if the same thing would happen if the Saints had a game on NFL Network or if you don't have NFL Network you can't watch the Saints game. That wouldn't be cool.

My cable company doesn't carry NFL Network either and it never really bothered me, but now NFL Network is going to start having live games. I know the Saints don't have any games scheduled on NFL Network but they may in the future and I wonder how that will work. I know right now when the Saints play on ESPN one of the local channels simalcasts the game for people who don't have cable. I wonder if the same thing would happen if the Saints had a game on NFL Network or if you don't have NFL Network you can't watch the Saints game. That wouldn't be cool.

Yes, just like ESPN MNF works, local markets will carry the game on broadcast TV.

My opinion is that the NFL is getting way to arrogant and making the biggest mistake by trying to have live games on their own network. The biggest part of why the NFL is a big hit now is because of the free air viewers. I know when I was young, my family would not have paid to watch the games. Moving to a PPV type status will stop the league from creating new young fans and thus eventually cause a decling in fans thus a decline in sponsors, thus a decline in money.

If the NFL was smart they would use the NFL network to compliment the current games with unedited field microphones. Now that I would pay to watch!

Greed destroys everything eventually.

Yes, just like ESPN MNF works, local markets will carry the game on broadcast TV.
That is great for folks living in/around NOLA, but fans in other cities still get the shaft. Shreveport Comcast does not have NFL network now.

My opinion is that the NFL is getting way to arrogant and making the biggest mistake by trying to have live games on their own network. The biggest part of why the NFL is a big hit now is because of the free air viewers. I know when I was young, my family would not have paid to watch the games. Moving to a PPV type status will stop the league from creating new young fans and thus eventually cause a decling in fans thus a decline in sponsors, thus a decline in money.

If the NFL was smart they would use the NFL network to compliment the current games with unedited field microphones. Now that I would pay to watch!

Greed destroys everything eventually.

That would be kinda cool. Kinda like what ESPN does with that Full Cicle thing with college football. They could show the game on Fox or CBS but if you have NFL network you can get different camera angles or like you said field microphones.

But look on the bright side those of you who don't have NFL Network, you don't have to hear those "NFL Replay" commercials every 15 seconds and then not be able to get that stupid song out of your head.

You Spent all Sunday watching games on the tube? But you missed 85 and there's nothin you can do. Now here's a suggestion from a real good friend. You can check out the games on the NFL N.

You didn't see me, On Sunday.....

Well you can see me, yeah yeah, On tuesday and wednesday.

You didn't see me, On Sunday.....

Well you can see me, yeah yeah, On tuesday and wednesday.

Dan Patrick is getting ready to have Rich Eisen on his radio show talking about this very issue.

That is great for folks living in/around NOLA, but fans in other cities still get the shaft. Shreveport Comcast does not have NFL network now.

...True story......... There's an entire SaintsNation out there who doesn't have NFL Network (myself included) who would not be happy campers if the Saints were scheduled for an NFL Network game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom