Cable (cox) out in New Orleans? (1 Viewer)

BigOdin504

section 632
Reaction score
Just wanted to make sure it is not only me house? Anybody else having issues with cable? Cox is terrible for customer service, wish me luck.

Cox has some of the worst customer service, bar none, that I have ever seen. My company in Baton Rouge uses them for business internet and phone. The 3 year contract expires in October and cannot get here fast enough. I have made numerous requests to speak to my rep about various things, including October's expiration. I have never gotten so much as a phone call or email back. At one point it took nearly 3 months just to get simple analog lines put in place for a fire alarm. I complained, and I was put on the special "Customer Retention" rep, and now I can't even get him on the phone.

They're being replaced in October with Windstream.

Cox has some of the worst customer service, bar none, that I have ever seen. My company in Baton Rouge uses them for business internet and phone. The 3 year contract expires in October and cannot get here fast enough. I have made numerous requests to speak to my rep about various things, including October's expiration. I have never gotten so much as a phone call or email back. At one point it took nearly 3 months just to get simple analog lines put in place for a fire alarm. I complained, and I was put on the special "Customer Retention" rep, and now I can't even get him on the phone.

They're being replaced in October with Windstream.

Sounds like trying to deal with Lafourche parish government.

Throw some money under the table and you'll get it done quick.

Moved this here from the main board. I live in metairie and have been having problems all weekend. guide not working, not being able to search for shows by title, channels unavailable, etc. I thought it might have been my dvr box as it is about 7 years old.

Not trying to insult anyone's intelligence but have you tried to unplug the boxes for a minute and then plugging them back in? A lot of times these cable companies update software and don't notify the customers to refresh. If that doesn't work, some cable boxes have a really small reset button that can only be pushed with a paper clip. Just giving you the first two steps customer service will run you through.

Not trying to insult anyone's intelligence but have you tried to unplug the boxes for a minute and then plugging them back in? A lot of times these cable companies update software and don't notify the customers to refresh. If that doesn't work, some cable boxes have a really small reset button that can only be pushed with a paper clip. Just giving you the first two steps customer service will run you through.

Thanks for the advice. I reset it and nothing. I will try to unplug. Thanks again. Anything to avoid cox customer service.

Good to hear various views. I have been considering changing from AT&T to Cox for my business services.

did that, had them send a reset code to the box, same issues. got a tech coming out wednesday morning. Im still thinking its the box being that its old.

Im in the lafayette area, and I only have net, so its probably a bit different.

I've gotten used to completely bypassing phone support. i do all the basic reset drills before hand so i can call in and pretty much forward myself through the call to the point where i can get a service tech out.

Every service technician I've dealt with in the Lafayette area has been professional and knew what he was talking about (possible I'm just lucky there), and its so much easier to talk to them in person vs trying to deal with a tech/customer support "guru" reading from flip cards.

It also helps that my neighbor is a COX tech , and he comes to me all the time for car mechanical/electrical advice, so i always hit him up for my internet troubles :V

Had cox for years here in BR and rarely had any problems. When I have the customer service has been solid.

Sent from phone via Tapatalk

For some reason CBSsports Net channel 1315 has not been working all morning. At least not on my box.

I used to love the commercial with the woman saying "I'm sticking with Cox!"

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom