Call Me Bitter But..... (1 Viewer)

I was a big Stallworth fan, i was really ****** when we got rid of him, he'd be the perfect compliment to Colston, bad move by Payton imho. Plus i bought a Stallworth jersey when he played for us, doesnt get much wear now :(

Watching that play and seeing him get caught from behind I couldn't help but think that he must've lost some of his speed(maybe from all of the hammy injuries plus he's getting a little older) because there was a time where he wouldn't have been caught from behind like that.

I'm happy for Stallworth and whatever he does, he always seemed like a pretty cool guy his time here, he just could never stay healthy and stay on the field on a consistent basis.

Oh well.....I haven't even watched any other game or any of the playoff games so I can't really comment but it's good that he found a home. I liked Donte while he was here,too bad we had such a bad QB when he was here and we didn't have a chance to let Drew work with him.

Last edited:
if it was not stallworth, it would be [insert WR].......it's the patriots.....

seriously

He didn't have a QB here. How could he thrive with AB at the helm. I would have liked to see him play with Brees at least one year!

with us he was inconsistent , with the eagles he was a one-trick pony and a decoy , with the patriots he is one of many=nothing special , and is in comparison with david patten pretty mediocre.

If I'm reading these stats right, he's catching 61% of what's thrown to him this year. That's better than his four year average (54%) in NO and equals his best (first) year in NO. He averaged about six TD's a year in NO and caught three this year.

SI.com
Stats.com

I see basically the same talent and desire, just a different team. I wish Donte' good luck and hope Meachem makes everyone forget about former receivers. :hihi:

In case anyone is interested in a comparison to the Pat's leading receiver...

Moss is cathching 62% of what's thrown to him this year vs 43% last year. 57% for his career. Draw your own conclusions....

It drives me crazy seeing Donte Stallworth as a Patriot. I know we don't like to drudge up past Saint players but seeing him play with an enthusiasm that I think he never displayed as a Saint drives me bananas. He always seemed to be hurt in New Orleans but in New England, he's thriving. In all truthfulness, he is part of an incredible recieving corps there so he isn't the featured reciever nor the number two so he's less prone to injury. However, it still just tweeks me to see him being called a "dynamic reciever". Oh well. Just being bitter. That's all......

It is all media hype. His numbers are no better there in that amazing offense then they were here in our offense. He is no more "dynamic" then he was here. He is the same inconsistent reciever who disappears for games and makes big catches every now and then.

Donte is a really good person and he deserves to be on a team like the Patriots. A few years back when I was still in college, I worked at a dry cleaners in Destrehan. Donte was in there every week. I got a chance to actually "talk" to him. Ever since then, he (as well as Deuce, Mike Karney, and Willy Whitehead--all patrons of this dry cleaning establishment) has become one of my favorite NFL players-- based off of just being a nice, down to earth person.

I don't car if he is thriving, he has been hurt a lot still since leaving the Saints. I think that David Patten's numbers were better than Stallworth. Instead of talking about Donte, we should be talking about getting Patton locked up for the next three years or so.

I don't car if he is thriving, he has been hurt a lot still since leaving the Saints. I think that David Patten's numbers were better than Stallworth. Instead of talking about Donte, we should be talking about getting Patton locked up for the next three years or so.

Patten will be in a wheelchair in 3 years. We shouldn't give him anything more then a one year deal.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom