Call Me Bitter But..... (1 Viewer)

St. Anger

Guaranteed A Red Thumb
Reaction score
It drives me crazy seeing Donte Stallworth as a Patriot. I know we don't like to drudge up past Saint players but seeing him play with an enthusiasm that I think he never displayed as a Saint drives me bananas. He always seemed to be hurt in New Orleans but in New England, he's thriving. In all truthfulness, he is part of an incredible recieving corps there so he isn't the featured reciever nor the number two so he's less prone to injury. However, it still just tweeks me to see him being called a "dynamic reciever". Oh well. Just being bitter. That's all......

We didn't have the line to make him as successful as he is now, Congratulate him on going to a far superior team than he's ever been on in his career.

I think we all liked Donte, but he just could not stay healthy. He was always speaking highly of N.O. That being said, I wish we woulda kept him instead of Devery!

Don't get me wrong. I don't wish him ill will in the slightest. I actually met him and he is an extremely nice guy. It's just me being a bitter Saints fan in the post season. Again.

Yeah but now he's actually catching balls, where as Devery only caught his passes towards the end of the season after he choked multiple times.

I don't even know if I would call him "thriving" -- he's having some success, but his numbers aren't top-notch and he did have a stretch this year where he almost disappeared (5 games, 9 total catches). Even in THIS game, he had 3 catches -- all in the 4th quarter, one that was simply the result of Brady buying time and making a great throw on the run. He did give good effort to get the first, but seriously, I've seen lots of guys give that kind of effort for one play.

Course, being on a 17-0 team does make him look better though doesn't it?

Guys, It wasn't just his health. He never "Grew up" or had his "Dog" like Joe Horn used to say. (That's aggressiveness for us non-ganstas).

He hasn't been anything special in New England either - so I'm not sure that you're missing anything.

He has had a few nice games with them this year, but so would alot of other WRs playing along side Randy Moss, Wes Welker and Ben Watson - with Tom Brady tossing the ball.

He always coule get behind a defense, that isn't anything new. But him being just a deep threat, an inconsistent one at that, wasn't worth what we would have had to pay for him.

It was the right decision to let him walk. Believe me, New England would be in the exact same position with or without him.

It's cold I know but..i really don't care. After he stopepd being a Saint, he stopped being on my mind. It was simillar with Aaron. If he does well, super for him and that's awesome... but I really could care less, it's easier that wasy and the fact he is on an AFC team makes it easier for me not to care.

What is he third or fourth on their depthchart? I would rather have Welker than Donte, I liked Welker ever since I saw how good he was with Miami..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom