Call Me Crazy, But I Think This Will Be The Season The Bucs Become The All Time Rival (1 Viewer)

Tampa Bay will come out strong and win a lot of games. They have the only QB in the league allowed to wear the red jersey during games, they will not be called for pass interference most of the time and they will get pass interference calls on offense all while they hold with no repercushions. This is the NFL known as the cheat league.

Kris

I realize that he's been pretty banged up over the years but he just took a year off to heal so one should think that he'll hold up better than if he never retired in the first place.

He also appeared to have been serious about retirement and as such lost a lot of muscle/weight.

He is going to have to really push himself brutally hard to get that back prior to the season or he is not going to be able to hold up....

My main issue is scheme fit with Brady in TB though.... he is the 3rd-4th best QB in the division at this point and the TB offense plays straight into his weaknesses. He does have more weapons than he did in New England, but less protection.

TB finishes the season 3rd in the South IMO... though I have to admit, being Brady’s first regular season game with TB scares me because of the league narrative police (refs)... same with being the Raiders home opener. Not to mention Payton cranking up his not so subtle trolling of the commish/league.

I realize that he's been pretty banged up over the years but he just took a year off to heal so one should think that he'll hold up better than if he never retired in the first place.

That's the thing about it though. The types of injuries that he's had will never heal. He's going to deal with them for the rest of his life. There is no magic cure that just made them go away because he took a year off.

The only thing that he'll accomplish by coming back is that people will talk about how brave he is while at the same time subject his body to more pounding and punishment.

There's a reason why he called it quits at only 29 years old. I would bet that there are times when he feels like he's 60 when he gets out of bed in the morning.

Also, why do people think Gronk will be hurt this year? He just took a year off to heal up so I'd say he's better off now then a couple of years ago.

He hasn't been able to play a full season since 2015...and has had numerous back surgeries in recent years as a prior poster mentioned.

I mean anything is possible but I believe the odds are that he doesn't finish the season...we will see...

And if the Bucs offensive line doesn't improve (alot) I think Brady is going to look very average....

I think you are completely ignoring the main factor, which is the fan base. Do I hate Julio Jones? No. Do I want to pick up someone wearing his jersey by the throat until they realize how much for granted they take oxygen? Yes.

For how long may we call you crazy? Just this season or as long as Old man Brady plays QB for the Bucs?. The "dream team" concept has been tried in Philly and LA Rams. Di dnot pan out. The Bucs won't either. Will they get stronger than last season? I doubt it. Fewer INT's and TD's - lower score games as Brady's arm will fade at the end of the season. And Gronk?? Please!?!. No threat there. 8-8 at best

This year we sweep the bucs. We get week 1 and by the end of the year.. Tom Brady, (everything they are banking on) will have a worn out arm... also considering the x amount of games he will have played before a bye.

I used to think the same thing each year when the Bucs have such great talent, and they always let it go to waste. I don’t see them as a threat. The Patriots’ success has more to do with Belichick than Brady, IMO.

For me S.F Atl and LAR are my most disliked teams. Growing up T.B was known as the lovable losers who wore creamcicle uniforms. I was 22 by the time they joined the Saints in a newly created division.

I know it seems sacrilegious with the Falcons, but I think this will be the year the Bucs overtake them as the all time NFCS rival.
I say that because the Falcons were already getting downgraded on my list below the Vikings. And believe it or not the Bucs are the only other NFCS team with a championship so it does bring some significance when the Saints/Bucs play.
Add Brady to the list, I think the Bucs will be the main rival now.

Bucs will always be brothers in the division. Both had the worst franchises for years and both won the super bowl. You're usually competitive with a brother, but rarely are you rivals.

Bucs haven't stolen or signed former saints players constantly nor ran up the score, and they never came into the league as an expansion team and took half our coaching staff and several players in the draft.

I think Tampa will despise us after we sweep them and Tom retires mid season. We’ll carry on, business as usual. Not much of a rivalry on our end.

ATL is too easy to keep, from old conference trials and tribulations then the Rams and $9'rs. Bucs will be temporary.

The NFC South is like the SEC always tuff games to win or lose, rarely any beat-downs.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom