Call Me Crazy, But I Think This Will Be The Season The Bucs Become The All Time Rival (1 Viewer)

i hate the clowns, then the panties, and, well, the bucs...i guess. they are irrelevant and will always be.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry for you.

Unlike some there rivals the rivalry between Atlanta and New Orleans runs deeper than a sporting competition; there are geographical, historical, and cultural factors. (e.g. Capital of the New South vs the Queen city of the Old South). Tampa could never do that is a foreseeable future. Carolina is alike the "New" New South, so it has potential, but it will always be second fiddle. If we were to consider sporting competition, there is too much history to supplant Atlanta for a long time (e.g.historically cellar teams of the NFC West). Being too bad teams in a division with more successful teams actually heats up a rivalry more than two good teams. Psychologically you fight harder to be considered not to be the worse more than being slighted for being second best. Fans find a lot more solace in being second best than players ever do and it is the fans that create the rivalries. In order for Tampa Bay to even come close Both the Saints and Bucs will have to share abysmal seasons together in which the Bucs get the better of us and vice versa. From a geographical standpoint, Tampa bay regions lack the resources to challenge New Orleans as the Hegemony of the South in the same way as Atlants did and Carolina could.

----

I'll add something else... Don't confuse Tom Brady "fans" with Buccaneers fans.

They are the true enemy here.

My personal list
Tier 1 (loathe actively)
1 - Falcons (this is permanent)
2- 49ers (old feud, still P'Oed)
3- Vikings (Playoff bane )

Tier 2 (strongly dislike)
4- Cowboys (The whole N. LA thing, and I lived in Dallas for a while)
5- Rams (Old feud, and that abomination of an ending in the NFCCG)
6- Bears (still angry about their fans post Katrina, oh and Ditka)

Tier 3 (they irritate me)
7- Panthers (play anyone enough and they will wear on your nerves)
8- Seahawks (I live in Seattle and I was in the stadium for that damned run)
9- Buccaneers (Again, if you play anyone enough they irritate you... but the Bucs have been pretty non-threatening for over a decade)

Tier 4- everyone else, I can’t say I think about them much unless we are playing them.

Very good ranking, but for me a tier 1 team is a team I root against passionately every week. I would put Dallas number 2 in tier 1and move the Vikings to a lower tier. A reason for the dislike for the Cowboys and 49ers is the number of obxious locals wearing their Aikman and Montana jerseys. If Minnesota and the Lions are playing on TV, I usually don't care who wins unless their playoff implications affecting the Saints.

Ok, you’re crazy. And you must not know what “All time” means because even if it becomes more heated than the Atlanta rivalry for 2 years its not going to supplant what has happened in that rivalry for all of time.

I think this is the year (and by no means am I hoping for it to happen) that both Brady and Gronk wind up on IR....I may be wrong but I really don't think either will have the impact that can match all the hype...

Our rival will continue to be the Falcons, regardless of records.....

Rivals are born over many decades of hate passed down across generations. When the Saints were born in 1967 Atlanta was the other premier city in the South. New Orleans and Atlanta had a “rivalry” even before football. You can’t just replace that because Tampa got an aging qb for a year or 2.

To this day I feel that Sherman was soft and weak.

Also, why do people think Gronk will be hurt this year? He just took a year off to heal up so I'd say he's better off now then a couple of years ago.

The Bucs likely feel that way, but their will never be another team we dislike more than the Falcons. The Cowboys would probably come in before the Bucs as well. Now the Vikings have been a thorn in our side the last few years, so that rivalry is building from our end. The 49ers used to be a huge rival and now that they are back to prominence they may be more of a rival. I just don’t see the Bucs ever becoming as big a rival as the Falcons or even the Cowboys. Now if Brady and Brees were in their 30s then it might get to that point, but they both at the end of their careers. If Jameis becomes our starter and is beating the Bucs year in and year out than the rivalry from their side will intensify.

Last edited:
My personal list
Tier 1 (loathe actively)
1 - Falcons (this is permanent)
2- 49ers (old feud, still P'Oed)
3- Vikings (Playoff bane )

4- Cowboys (The whole N. LA thing, and I lived in Dallas for a while)
5- Rams (Old feud, and that abomination of an ending in the NFCCG)
6- Bears (still angry about their fans post Katrina, oh and Ditka)

7- Panthers (play anyone enough and they will wear on your nerves)
8- Seahawks (I live in Seattle and I was in the stadium for that damned run)
9- Buccaneers (Again, if you play anyone enough they irritate you... but the Bucs have been pretty non-threatening for over a decade)

Tier 4- everyone else, I can’t say I think about them much unless we are playing them.

Close to my bracket. I would have to go with:

Tier 1 (loathe actively)
1 - 49ers (NFC West days will never be forgotten. And 2011 just rekindled that)
2. Falcons (deep rivalry, horrible fans, horrible team)
3- Vikings (even worse fans. Whiniest fan base I have ever heard. They remind me of my teenage daughter....everything is ALWAYS someone else's fault)

4- Cowboys (Cowboys fans that live in LA have to be the most obnoxious people on the planet)
5- Rams (When Martz was their coach they were much higher on my list. Still can't stand them but for different reasons. The fans were all trash talk a few years ago...for one season lol)
6- Seahawks (cannot stand Pete Carroll but I actually like the guys on their team)

7- Bears (most disgusting fans on the planet but we have owned them lately)8- Panthers (they would easily be top 3 for me if Scam Newton still played there)
8- Dolphins (I have the most irritating friend that relishes in Saints misery. So he has made me hate them.)

Tier 4
9-32- Every other team

Also, why do people think Gronk will be hurt this year? He just took a year off to heal up so I'd say he's better off now then a couple of years ago.

He's also had 4 or 5 back surgeries in the last 5 years.

Personally I think the guy is a moron to even try to come back and play.

The NFC South is not the AFC East and Bruce Arians is not Bill Bellichick.

He's also had 4 or 5 back surgeries in the last 5 years.

Personally I think the guy is a moron to even try to come back and play.

The NFC South is not the AFC East and Bruce Arians is not Bill Bellichick.

I realize that he's been pretty banged up over the years but he just took a year off to heal so one should think that he'll hold up better than if he never retired in the first place.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom