Call Me Crazy, But I Think This Will Be The Season The Bucs Become The All Time Rival (1 Viewer)

Saint Jack

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I know it seems sacrilegious with the Falcons, but I think this will be the year the Bucs overtake them as the all time NFCS rival.
I say that because the Falcons were already getting downgraded on my list below the Vikings. And believe it or not the Bucs are the only other NFCS team with a championship so it does bring some significance when the Saints/Bucs play.
Add Brady to the list, I think the Bucs will be the main rival now.

Even if they sweep us. Unless they are super dirty about it... I have no ill will towards Tampa. The only time that I dislike the Bucs was when they had that hothead at coach that promoted cheap tactics. No place in the league for that.

I know it seems sacrilegious with the Falcons, but I think this will be the year the Bucs overtake them as the all time NFCS rival.
I say that because the Falcons were already getting downgraded on my list below the Vikings. And believe it or not the Bucs are the only other NFCS team with a championship so it does bring some significance when the Saints/Bucs play.
Add Brady to the list, I think the Bucs will be the main rival now.

tenor.gif

Rivals are born over many decades of hate passed down across generations. When the Saints were born in 1967 Atlanta was the other premier city in the South. New Orleans and Atlanta had a “rivalry” even before football. You can’t just replace that because Tampa got an aging qb for a year or 2.

Brady has 1 year there....

The Bucs have always been a thorn in our side. Even when they are one of the worst teams in the league, they find a way to beat us or at least keep us on edge. There's still no huge hate factor towards them, though. I can see your point in that if the media keeps lifting them up this season, it will cause more dislike than usual. I don't think we'll ever have that same level of dislike as with the Falcons, though. That is a long-standing, deep-rooted, dislike that will forever remain.

For some reason I just can't get my hate going for the Bucs. They just don't do it for me. Now that Steve Smith and Cam have left the Panthers they might be hard to hate as well.

The 49ers, Vikings, and Rams get me going more than the Bucs and Panthers. Nobody will ever take the place of the falcons though.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom