Call me crazy but what about Brees as coach (mod edit) (1 Viewer)

Yes, out of the question.

He is totally unqualified because of total lack of coaching experience. He may well have the requisite traits if he were fully committed to coaching and had coaching experience. But he certainly lacks the latter and pro b ably lacks the former. In fact, given his money, his television job, and the grind that coaching is, he would have to be crazy to go into coaching. Crazy. There is a reason that so many great coaches never really played professional football.

Last edited:
See the source image

Coaches, former players, HOFers, or not, go through years as assistants and coordinators before taking over as HC.

NFL isn't like the NBA where you go from player straight to head coach. You have to pay your dues so to speak and work your way up.

I dont think that is too crazy. I think Peyton Manning could walk in and be a head coach immediately. I think Tony Romo knows the game better than most coaches. He knows it more than Mike Mccarthy, which was on display during the Playoff game. Aaron Glenn, Matt Campbell, Demeco Ryans, Jerod Meyo have moved up the ranks quickly. Look at all the young coaches, Klingsbury, Brandon Staley, Shanahan, Mcvay, and Kevin O Connell is getting looked at right now. The game is not like it was 10 years ago. Some of the motion through RPO's looks like Canadian football. The college game is now in the NFL. College should look to moving the hash marks so the game translates to the NFL.

I dont think that is too crazy. I think Peyton Manning could walk in and be a head coach immediately. I think Tony Romo knows the game better than most coaches. He knows it more than Mike Mccarthy, which was on display during the Playoff game. Aaron Glenn, Matt Campbell, Demeco Ryans, Jerod Meyo have moved up the ranks quickly. Look at all the young coaches, Klingsbury, Brandon Staley, Shanahan, Mcvay, and Kevin O Connell is getting looked at right now. The game is not like it was 10 years ago. Some of the motion through RPO's looks like Canadian football. The college game is now in the NFL. College should look to moving the hash marks so the game translates to the NFL.
The young coaches are young as far as their age goes, but they were quality control and position coaches for about a decade. They’ve been in the league as assistant coaches for a while since their early 20s

As far as X's and O's I am sure he would be fine. But I am not sure he would be charasmatic enough in a HC role as far as motivating the team.

He might make a great offensive coordinator??

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom