Call me crazy but... (1 Viewer)

Daddy_Duke

Section 151 Drunkard
Reaction score
I think Reggie Bush wins us this game. First, I am not a big homer fan of Reggie. In fact, I think he is grossly overpaid for the lack of production and mental lapses he seemingly has at least every other game.

BUT, I think this game is playing right into Reggie's hands for a few reasons:

1. Game 1 was forgettable. Not only is he hard on himself, he's feeling like he is letting his team down. As a true competitor, I see him coming out and focusing on making it happen like never before. I fully expect Reggie to run/catch with a force this game.

2. The Eagles blitzing D. This fits right into Reggie's hands, matching him up with OLB's on pass routes, dump off passes, short crossing routes out of the backfield, etc... It wouldn't surprise me one bit to see him get over 100 yards receiving in this game.

3. Emphasis and game-planning may now be taken off of him thanks to Mike Bell. Watch out Who Dat's, Bell may actually be our best asset into getting Reggie going. With the Eagles D now having to account for a legitimate power back, Reggie may be left to roam free or even surprise the D with HB draws or delayed handoffs.

I think this is the game Reggie wins for us. And at least for one week, proves his worth on the pay scale and lives up to the hype.

Thoughts?

I agree and that is why I am starting Bush in Fantasy. Think of how much Bush is used with a heavy blitz think Cowboys 06

I think Reggie Bush wins us this game. First, I am not a big homer fan of Reggie. In fact, I think he is grossly overpaid for the lack of production and mental lapses he seemingly has at least every other game.

1. Game 1 was forgettable. Not only is he hard on himself, he's feeling like he is letting his team down. As a true competitor, I see him coming out and focusing on making it happen like never before. I fully expect Reggie to run/catch with a force this game.

2. The Eagles blitzing D. This fits right into Reggie's hands, matching him up with OLB's on pass routes, dump off passes, short crossing routes out of the backfield, etc... It wouldn't surprise me one bit to see him get over 100 yards receiving in this game.

3. Emphasis and game-planning may now be taken off of him thanks to Mike Bell. Watch out Who Dat's, Bell may actually be our best asset into getting Reggie going. With the Eagles D now having to account for a legitimate power back, Reggie may be left to roam free or even surprise the D with HB draws or delayed handoffs.

I think this is the game Reggie wins for us. And at least for one week, proves his worth on the pay scale and lives up to the hype.

Thoughts?

Finally, someone who actually pays attention to details instead of worrying about the playoff implications of this WEEK 2 GAME!!

I couldn't agree more with this. All it takes is Reggie to have a decent 20 yard punt return, or a nice 7 or 8 yard rush, or even a little 15 yard screen pass to get his confidence back. When that guy is running good, he is the biggest, and best play maker on the field.

REGGIE!! REGGIE!! REGGIE!! REGGIE!! REGGIE!! REGGIE!! REGGIE!! REGGIE!! REGGIE!! REGGIE!! REGGIE!! REGGIE!! REGGIE!! REGGIE!! REGGIE!! REGGIE!! REGGIE!! REGGIE!! REGGIE!! REGGIE!! REGGIE!!

Wouldn't be surprised

TB + WAS, MIN with punts alone. If we only had a D last year.. :)

Just think..Last week was arguably his worst game ever and he still had 70 yards on offense. lol

I'd be happy if he doesn't lose it for us at this point, I am really worried about him trying too hard this week. We all know that he can do it at times but for some reason he worries me this year. And I am one of his biggest fans.

Great points and definitely agree.

LETS GO REGGIE!!!!!

Reggie is way to talented to continue to play the way he did against the Lions. Look for Reggie to have a big day receiving and possibly an electrifying run or two.
Bush 9 rec-119yds 2tds, 12 car 86yds

Said it on another thread that Reggie will atone and I honestly think he'll get around 200 all purpose yards tomorrow. The rust is shaken off and last week was an abberition. Good points.

Thoughts?

I agree with all points, especially number 3. Bush's best year was 2006, and I still think a lot of that had to do with Deuce's presence in the game. I think if Philly gameplans too hard on stopping Bell, Reggie will get them, and if they spend too much time on Bush, Bell will get them.

I'll agree, but for my reasons.

The Eagle blitz packages are brutal, and pretty much ran the Panthers off the field.

Our OL, no names mentioned, had a lot of trouble with the Lion rush, which was nothing special. But the Eagles are trouble big time.

I suspect we'll make moves, such as having more blockers in the face of the charge. There doesn't seem to me any way out of that if we want to keep Drew in one piece.

So, if we keep a TE and FB to block, and have the RB check it, we will only have 2 WRs on the field.

Reggie and/or Shockey may very possibly be our main weapons.

We'll see.

ddd

I'll agree, but for my reasons.

The Eagle blitz packages are brutal, and pretty much ran the Panthers off the field.

Our OL, no names mentioned, had a lot of trouble with the Lion rush, which was nothing special. But the Eagles are trouble big time.

I suspect we'll make moves, such as having more blockers in the face of the charge. There doesn't seem to me any way out of that if we want to keep Drew in one piece.

So, if we keep a TE and FB to block, and have the RB check it, we will only have 2 WRs on the field.

Reggie and/or Shockey may very possibly be our main weapons.

We'll see.

ddd

Truth. Which adds to the point I made. Against the Lions, in spite of Bushrod getting beat, Brees was able to step up into the pocket and complete perfect precision passes down the field. It'd be hard-pressed not to believe that the Iggles will be getting more DT pressure, in turn causing Brees to have to dump it off more often.

Reggie better be ready.

I'd be happy if he doesn't lose it for us at this point, I am really worried about him trying too hard this week. We all know that he can do it at times but for some reason he worries me this year. And I am one of his biggest fans.

When has Bush lost us a game?

Thoughts?

Great post.

makes sense. i think reggie out as receiver/in the flat might just be THE ticket. then when it slows down their blitz/rush, bell goes to work. it should be a chess match w/timing.

When has Bush lost us a game?

I wouldn't say that he has directly lost a game for us, but I would say that times in the past Sean has directed too many plays Reggie's way. We have to agree that Reggie is one of the top fumblers on the team. I think if we keep the turnovers at two or less tomorrow then we win. I just think Reggie was trying to hard last week, I hope that he just settles this week and lets it come to him. Again I am one of Reggie's supporters ( my Dogs name is Reggie Bush ) I just want to see the game come to him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom