Calvin Pace to Jets.... (1 Viewer)

Infoman

You're a Towel!
Reaction score
Per Adam on NFL Network... Damion Woody to Jets too. Damn there are active this year.

Saw this on roto world about how much the deal is

Is it just me or does that seem like a lot of money for this guy?:dunno:

Yeah probably, but he's a perfect fit at OLB in the Jets 3-4 defense... and the FA market is slim this year... and it seems that overpaying is the theme of this FA market.

Huge contract for him! Woody will be a bust if they play him at RT

Damn that's just stupid Vilma if healthy is 100times better than Pace. Don't get me wrong Pace is good but he has never been great, Vilma has!

As a player in general yes... but Vilma is strictly a 4-3 MLB.... and Pace is strictly a 3-4 OLB/Rush End. The 2 are really not comparable.

The Jets are really going hog wild this FA period.

So I guess they go offense with that 1st pick?

I agree with CDogg, Woody is going to be a bad RT. FWIW, Pace was picked with one of the two picks we sent to the Cards for Johnathon Sullivan...rumors had him getting a lot less money from the Dolphins, so Pace holding off for a few more days really got him a lot more money.

<<<Saw this on roto world about how much the deal is

Quote:
Jets signed LB Calvin Pace to a six-year, $42 million contract. The deal includes $22 million in guarantees and a $20 million signing bonus.>>>

ROFLMAO!!! I wonder how long before Lance Briggs holds out for a bigger contract now?

WOW I guess they did not like Gholston:shrug:

No, I think they have a huge urgency to get two OLBs. Pace on one side and Gholston at the other. Their current starters Bryan Thomas and Victor Hobson had combined 4.5 sacks last year! I think there is room for improvement there.

i would have liked it if we made a move for him, he's a solid player
but for that price, nahh

The Jets are really going hog wild this FA period.

So I guess they go offense with that 1st pick?

That would be great... let a top defensive player slip to 10... they need a WR .. a TE... and a RB..I still have faith that pennington can get it done... but he needs some weapons ..Coles is great but he is undersized .. great slot reciever but not a true #1 WRer ... Jets need a big fast reciever to stretch the feild... they dont have a player like that right now..

same strategy as the saints .... signing need positions drafting BPA ... at least i think so

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom