Cam’s scoop and score was an awesome, “Heads Up” play! (1 Viewer)

MamaRoux

Veteran
Reaction score
So this “inadvertent whistle” issue hasn’t been cleaned up given what followed yet; had Cam’s scoop and score play began the cascade of sorrow which was and became yesterday’s game, IMHO! THAT PP whistle blow was such a disaster for Our TEAM on that solid Defensive play? To me, THAT was the beginning of what became a debacle for Our WHODAT NATION and Our SAINTS feeling as if “Here we go again!” and it reverberated throughout the game. What it DIDN’T DO was allow J. Cook to DROP at least two “in his hands” passes, it had no thing to do with Murray NOT making plays we expect from someone as large and seemingly powerful as he is. So, we lost TGJr, Kirkwood ( in pre-game warm-ups btw) TQS ( becoming a bright SPOT beyond MT #13 for our WRs) yet he went out. We LOST so many players, including "DB going out with a thumb"-Coach speak) Taysom Hill was forced into playing WR since we were short for anyone else to play the position yet TB couldn’t find an open WR to save his job, wish it was that simple) we now MUST , again, IMHO, find some quality QB even if we have to hunt down Chase Daniels or someone who can actually deliver an injection of exuberance into a bad situation. I fully expected The SAINTS to come out with lots of fire and determination to offset the bad call for Cam, get jacked up knowing they MUST excel to offset Drew’s injury, so let’s ALL lift up our heads and go play the way we KNOW HOW to PLAY and EXECUTE! But I didn’t see or feel ANY of THAT but DID feel a lot of slumped shoulders and heads hung low without seeing anyone, NOT EVEN COACH rallying the troops and turning these “PROS” around into real NFL calibre players who used the adversity to elevate their play!? Where was any of THAT? Everyone needed to make certain and check themselves to ensure the basics were covered from each and every player! There are so many things which I wonder about when it comes to this game in general; from the massiveness of the costly ref calls which effect the end results of these games to being able to “GET” to these players souls and have them to really take care of the basics , take care of the penalties they killed themselves with and find a way play within themselves, mistake free, everyone get healthy ( we lost three WRs yesterday leaving Taysom to play WR as we were OUT of them and couldn’t use Hill as a QB anyway) Here’s to Coach being Coach Payton and helping this TEAM come together, believe in one another and play for one another!

What kills me is WHEN the whistle was blown. Cam was already ahead of the field around the Rams 40 before first whistle could be heard. A little late if they are pretending to be trying to protect the players.

What kills me is WHEN the whistle was blown. Cam was already ahead of the field around the Rams 40 before first whistle could be heard. A little late if they are pretending to be trying to protect the players.

Yep. It was only after Cam was clearly running freely to the end zone that the whistles came in. They are taught to NOT blow the whistle because after the play it can be reversed. Blow the whistle and you save your precious lambs team a 7 point deficit.

I was so disgusted with how the team played as a whole yesterday, even without Brees, but after cooling off and really thinking about it, it all makes sense. Imagine at your own job, getting scolded every time you do something good. Now, would you continue to give full effort? Heck no. Well, I imagine that played a part, whether subconsiously or not. I'm not saying that's the only reason we lost. I just think it plays a part when you can't seem to do anything right, no matter how many plays you make.

Right. And in reality, they screwed us on the spot of the ball. Even after the fact that they stole the touchdown away from us because they blew the whistle, the play did not end until they blew the whistle. Therefore, the ball should have been placed at the spot where came had the ball at the time the whistle blew. We would have been in much better field position. But I guess that would have been against the referee agenda.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom