Cam Cameron Presser (1 Viewer)

RockyMtnSaint

Gonzo Moderator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Cliff notes:

Cam basically said that he is not coming in to tear down LSU's offense and rebuild it. He thinks we're good but good isn't good enough. He will emphasize what we do well and try to help the things that need improvement. He will build on what is already there. He will challenge everyone to get better. In particular with Zach he wants to find out what things he's good at and build on that. He isn't planning to give Zach yet another system to try to learn. But at the same time he does want to try to push Zach's limits and help him improve. Is excited about recruiting; thinks our recruiting staff is second to none. Planning to work a lot with Krags, in fact looking at film with him this afternoon. Thinks it will be a smooth transition, no hurt feelings with Stud or anybody else. Plans to lean on them for advice and find out where he can contribute most effectively. He sounds very excited and enthusiastic and I think that will rub off on the players.

If I find a video of the PC I'll post a link here later.

ETA: Here's a summary - http://www.coachingsearch.com/home/...is-plan-as-the-lsu-offensive-coordinator.html

ETA2: Video of the presser - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1O36ztrHjHo&feature=youtu.be

Last edited:
The more I read and hear about Cam as LSU's O.C. the more excited I am for next season. I'm glad Stud can focus solely on the O-line as he will have his hands full after last years debacle of an O-line. I'm really hoping he can put a lot of time in with Mett. Mett's showed he can play but was not very consistent and very hesitant at times. Maybe running more than 1-2 WR patterns will aleviate that. It's funny how the Saints and LSU are polar opposites of each other. The Saints have a great offense and need a middle of the pack Defense to win and LSU has a great Defense and needs a middle of the pack offense to win. I'm ready to see LSU's offense come to play this year and not be at the bottom of college offenses.

It's funny how the Saints and LSU are polar opposites of each other. The Saints have a great offense and need a middle of the pack Defense to win and LSU has a great Defense and needs a middle of the pack offense to win. I'm ready to see LSU's offense come to play this year and not be at the bottom of college offenses.
True dat.

I was already pumped about Cam, but this just reinforces it!

Since LSU last won the National Championship in 2007 here is where we finished in total offense:

2008 - 51st
2009 - 102nd
2010 - 81st
2011 - 57th (Went to national championship game)
2012 - 77th

For giggles here is Alabama's total offense ranks for those same years:

2008 - 41st
2009 - 15th
2010 - 22nd
2011 - 30th (played LSU in national championship game)
2012 - 19th

I think Cam is very much an improvement over Greg Studwara and Gary Crowton, Not ready to say its a homerun hire yet, but its at least a solid double in the gap. Plus Cam knowledge on quarterbacks is something LSU hasn't had in awhile. I think recruits will look at Cam's track record with Drew Brees, Phillip Rivers, and Joe Flacco.

I think he's a very solid hire. You can't coach that many years in college and the NFL without having something to offer. He's probably the best that we could have hoped for given Les Miles history of churning out eye burningly awful offenses. He does have some cache with QBs on his resume and his history with Drew Brees will be a bloody goldmine with QB recruits in the Saint's market.

Plus he has an epic history with Les Miles, so if anyone has the cajones to tell their boss to shut up, I'm guessing it's someone that was in his wedding.

I also like the idea of moving Kragsthorpe to an admin job. I think once the NCAA loosens up the rulebook on recruiting coordinators, etc... then we're going to have the best friggin recruiting coordinator EVER with this guy! Dude needs the health insurance at this point I'm sure, but clearly still has plenty left in the tank to dial up an 18 yr old and talk them into coming to LSU.

With a little luck and a whole lot less of Les Miles commanding the offense... this could actually work out really well for LSU. This guy is not the ferrari of OC's, but ferrari's can be pretty unreliable from what I understand. This dude is probably a really nice Toyota or Lexus... he'll get the job on a consistent basis. Day in and day out. Probably what we needed.

If Nick Saban hadn't have won 3 of the last 4 national titles, I'd probably be a lot more excited. At this point, I'm not sure there's any stopping Nick Saban beyond scandals, tons of player injuries, and some other just plain bad luck. That's not a knock on Les Miles or any other coach... I'm just wondering if you're a 5 star recruit, how the hell do you turn down Nick Saban at this point?

But Les Miles tends to keep finding the diamonds in the rough, so hopefully this will help keep us in the race and eventually take home a few more of the big boy trophies.

VVextreme said:
... I'm just wondering if you're a 5 star recruit, how the hell do you turn down Nick Saban at this point?

By watching the way he treats his coaches and players, perhaps?

All I can say is that if I were a parent of a prospective football scholarship player, I would want the influence of Les Miles on my child over the influence of Satan - er, Saban - every day of the year. From an outsiders' perspective, the impression that somes across to me is that Miles treats his players (and his coaches) as human beings while Nick treats them like inanimate playing pieces to be used and thrown away once they're worn out.

By watching the way he treats his coaches and players, perhaps?

All I can say is that if I were a parent of a prospective football scholarship player, I would want the influence of Les Miles on my child over the influence of Satan - er, Saban - every day of the year. From an outsiders' perspective, the impression that somes across to me is that Miles treats his players (and his coaches) as human beings while Nick treats them like inanimate playing pieces to be used and thrown away once they're worn out.

Did you forget how Les Miles treated Jarret Lee over JJ? Screwing a kid is not limited to just Nick Saban.

Bottom line? Yea, he's clearly a dick. But he's a dick that wins championships and constantly churns out 1 rounders in the NFL. Any athlete worth his salt will tolerate Saban's nonsense to achieve all of those things.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom