Cam is saying what a leader should but..... (1 Viewer)

AmerVet

The 1 Arm Receiver
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
This tweet ticked me off. We don't get paid to be fans so I thought he was out of bounds.
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">End of the day we didn do enough to win! Hurts to say it, gotta make 1 more play. Been said it, Ride with us or don’t... just don’t hop on the bandwagon next yr if you against us. stay blessed <a href="https://t.co/Rh6hLwiSP9">pic.twitter.com/Rh6hLwiSP9</a></p>&mdash; cameron jordan (@CamJordan94) <a href="">January 5, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I agree with Cam. If you're going to say a player is trash and needs to be cut, or say anything you wouldn't say to his face, then keep that same energy next season. Don't start talking him up after he has a big game week 1. We don't need fake, fairweather fans. Hop on the Rams or Cowboys bandwagon, or wherever they do that at. We don't need it in the boot.

I agree with Cam. If you're going to say a player is trash and needs to be cut, or say anything you wouldn't say to his face, then keep that same energy next season. Don't start talking him up after he has a big game week 1. We don't need fake, fairweather fans. Hop on the Rams or Cowboys bandwagon, or wherever they do that at. We don't need it in the boot.
But some fans have been complaining about the secondary for years. what are they supposed to do when the secondary gave up the game to the Vikes twice in the postseason?

Yes, its true, but why can't us fans show our disappointment without it being in line with hoping off of the bandwagon

I don't think he inferred that. He was probably talking about those trashing the team or individual players or the 'im done with this team/NFL' crowd. There's always a handful of these folks every year, and every year they come back. Makes you appreciate those that are with ya through thick and thin.

I don't think he inferred that. He was probably talking about those trashing the team or individual players or the 'im done with this team/NFL' crowd. There's always a handful of these folks every year, and every year they come back.
guess its too early in the AM and I didn't get the context. But I'm with the fans who are tired of the excuses.

But some fans have been complaining about the secondary for years. what are they supposed to do when the secondary gave up the game to the Vikes twice in the postseason?
Maybe try not complaining for years? Especially when they held Cousins under 200 passing yards in regulation. The guy who gave up the big play in OT played 3 snaps. He was only on the field due to injury. Diggs was locked up. Lattimore gave up a few catches to Thielen, but he's a very good WR. Not sure why you think the secondary was our issue.

Last edited:
guess its too early in the AM and I didn't get the context. But I'm with the fans who are tired of the excuses.

It's frustrating, yeah.. But I think it's far from an excuse. He owned up to it. When you lose a game, giving credit where it's due on the other side and saying where you could improve is the most reasonable way to be.

Certainly, some people will "leave the bandwagon", but I do believe that the Saints are a HIGHLY regional team. I'd imagine that we have a higher percentage of "non-bandwagon" fans than most franchises.

I'd argue that the lack of success isn't what's going to drive fans away...it's just the absolute drain of being a fan of this team. Whether it is bountygate, poor officiating, or the Saints finding new and interesting ways to break our hearts every year with these unbelievably talented teams...it's just exhausting. It was honestly easier to be a fan of this team when they were consistently bad...it wasn't the emotional roller-coaster that we've experienced the last handful of years.

It seems like the offseason isn't long enough to get over the prior season...and I'm sure that this year will be even worse. At least we always had Brees to put hope in...that hope is waivering, to put it gently. It feels like the window is about to slam shut on this thing. It's becoming easier to become more indifferent toward the league and unfortunately also the team...as a self-preserving mechanism.

I'll be back next season...but I can't blame those who aren't. I'm absolutely spent.

Yes, its true, but why can't us fans show our disappointment without it being in line with hoping off of the bandwagon

I agree! I get a since of entitlement from some of the players. Some of them seem to think that they are above (rightful) criticism or you're not loyal if you call them out. BS!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom