Cam Jordan and Mark Ingram debut podcast; Alvin Kamara first guest and gets into how bad injury was last season (1 Viewer)

Saintsphere

1 day I'll add a second Lombardi to my pic. 1 day.
Reaction score

This is a very entertaining interview. They get into some interesting behind the scenes stuff too. AK went deep into last year's injury too and how the Jacksonville game was his undoing. Definitely worth a listen.

Injury talk starts around 30 minute mark. AK tore MCL in Jacksonville game in a game he probably shouldn't have played to begin with but he still willed himself to finish the game because he was to be heavily involved in that week's gameplan.

Doctors told AK after the Jacksonville game that his injury was an 8 month injury, but AK said he told the doctor he was going to come back after the bye and did just that. The rest is history.

For all the criticism AK took last year (which he addressed how heartless the fans can be), he really took one for the team last year.

Last edited:

8 month injury doctor said. He played after bye
For all the criticism AK take, he really took one for the team last year.
Yep which is why he deserved that extension. AK and the SAINTS are mutually rewarding their faith in each other. AK is a tough son of a gun who decided to never give up and left it all on the field last year.

Last edited:
Listened to this during my lunch break. Mind blowing what Kamara went through for the team last year. He's balling out so far this year. The offense really needs to run through him and of course Mike when he returns.
And he was met with "Don't pay him" "He's overrated" "Trade him" from our fans.

This happens with every fanbase so I'm not acting like we're some outlier but it's just perplexing to me how fans turn on players so quickly as if these guys are not playing the most barbaric sport in the world.

His tweets from last Nov and Dec makes sense now

Wow. So this happened in week 6 and he still fought through it all the way to the end. That says a lot about the man.

But what about our medical staff? If a guy messes his knee up they're just like sure play if you want?

Wow. So this happened in week 6 and he still fought through it all the way to the end. That says a lot about the man.

But what about our medical staff? If a guy messes his knee up they're just like sure play if you want?
We’d be surprised at the stuff doctors let players play through.

We’d be surprised at the stuff doctors let players play through.
Cam played through a torn MCL a few years ago, and I don't think he was ever listed on the injury report - I think he mentioned it in passing in this interview?

How an NFL runningback can play with a torn knee ligament is beyond me. Geesh. Amazing. I already had a full blown man-crush on AK but NOW!!
One thing I missed during the Tampa-Saints game was the Kamara Leap into the stands.

This is a very entertaining interview. They get into some interesting behind the scenes stuff too. AK went deep into last year's injury too and how the Jacksonville game was his undoing. Definitely worth a listen.

Injury talk starts around 30 minute mark. AK tore MCL in Jacksonville game in a game he probably shouldn't have played but he still finished the game because he was heavy in the gameplan for JAC. Doctors told AK after it was a 8 month injury, AK said he told the doctor he was going to come back after the bye and did just that. The rest is history.

For all the criticism AK took last year (which he addressed how heartless the fans can be), he really took one for the team last year.

It’s not the fans’ fault if they don’t know he’s hurt. The NFL injury report is stupid.

If fans knew he was hurt, they would be a lot more forgiving.

I think a lot of us had a feeling something was going on that none of us knew about. You could just tell, even when he came back, he wasn't the same.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom