Cam Jordan - Exceptional Effort (1 Viewer)

Saint_Ward

Don't be a Jerk.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I'd have to re-watch the whole game, but I do want to give a shout out to Cam Jordan. I know he didn't light up the stat sheet, but he was very close on a few sacks. Somewhere in the 3rd quarter, I started watching his get off from the line. He had three rushes in a row that were perfectly timed. He literally leapt as the ball was hiked. His first step was amazing. On at least two of those, he disrupted Cam, just couldn't get the sack.

There was one weird play late in the game where they had him walking around as a LB, kind of the amoeba defense Rex liked, with a delayed rush. I didn't care for that, because I think he's most effective bursting out of his stance.

He's getting close though. I hope that translates to some sacks.

Cam seems to bring it every year going against the Panthers, at least at home. He was responsible for obliterating (Other) Cam multiple times at home in 2013 and in NC in 2014.

A lot of Cam's best work, as you mention, does not show up on the stat sheet, but his help in collapsing the pocket allowed others to get to Newton yesterday.

He and Fairley played angry yesterday. It was cool to see that.

Slightly off topic - but did you notice Onyemata in at NT?

Yes, and Cam was playing 3 Tech for a while as well. Not as effective, but he was drawing double teams. So, I guess that's somewhat effective.

Yes, and Cam was playing 3 Tech for a while as well. Not as effective, but he was drawing double teams. So, I guess that's somewhat effective.

They were likely trying to keep guys fresh. Cam hasn't been used in that role but the Panthers are a heavy run team and so guys were seeing a high amount of snaps on the interior. To get them rest we'd kick Jordan inside and Onyemata at NT.

Not going to happen much moving forward once Rankins gets back + other teams aren't as run heavy as Panthers.

He was awesome yesterday. Our defense was getting beat up in the second half. The stadium camera kept showing Cam and you could just see this look of determination and commitment to giving it his all and seeing the game through. He was awesome yesterday.

He was playing angry. I was there and at one point he came to the sideline and threw his helmet on the ground and stomped around looking mad. It was after the panthers were making their comeback.

All props to Cam......and also mention Tapp's effort. he had great energy and disrupted on more than a few plays.

Oymeta played decent too I thought

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom