Cam Jordan gave us many productive years, (1 Viewer)

31 is young for dlineman. he is either hurt/recovering or just isnt into this year. Hoping for the former.

Wait...is this sarcasm? The oldest defensive lineman in the league is like 34.

Edit: It's Calais Campbell

Henrickson has been getting doubled at a higher rate than Jordan.

I wonder how the snap count factors into that. Cam has played 323 snaps (83%) and Hendrickson 231 snaps (59%). Do double teams come more on passing downs, etc? Not out to defend Cam or discredit Trey. Just wondering if there are factors that explain this. Davenport hasn't played nearly as much as either, does he get doubled more than Cam and Trey?

There were stats posted on here showing Trey had more DT wins and was DT at a higher percentage. With that being said Cam is not the problem. He will get his but we need to cover better. Cam would benefit by sliding to 3 tech on passing downs.

I was just thinking about Cam Jordan moving inside to DT permanently since he’s almost 32 years old and Rankins is oft-injured in the last year of his contract. We could have our best defensive linemen, Davenport, Jordan, Onyemata, and Hendrickson, on the field together every down.

Seems like they’ve been playing davenport inside more than jordan recently. I think if anything jordan might drop a little weight and stay outside

I love these threads after just 2.or 3 games into a season. I chuckle.

It's no wonder not a single poster that agreed with OP or the OP himself are not remotely involved in the NFL other than being a consumer.

Yeah let’s send him out to the pasture. SMH
Watch a game and see how many times he’s doubled or better. Maybe there’s a reason trey Hendrickson is having a good year. As trey/dav get better and the interior guys get back to form you will see cam again. Right now he’s being game planned for as he should

You don't set up your defense with your best player used as a decoy. Jordan has seen better days.

Cam is recovering from a core injury/repair and will get stronger as the season progresses. It has been documented in the past with other players.
My money is on this being the main issue too.
However at some point Father Time will come to collect. Cam has been an iron man at a very demanding position, for over a decade.

okay, what about that first play in the Bucs game? Cam drove the OT back into Brady and swats at Brady, causing an incomplete pass. I saw that play as the momentum change the Defence needed for the run they've been on. I could be wrong

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom