Cam Jordan Going After Nick Wright (1 Viewer)

I’d rather Kamara be out weeks 1-6. Our first 5 games might be the easiest stretch of the season.

Except that there are 3 divisional games in there, naw, I want Kamara on the field for those games....

Our schedule is more difficult. (2021 AFC East and NFC East) (2022 AFC North NFC West) Our roster of who is on the field should be way better. We lost our coach. Dennis Allen is probably underrated by the media and the loss of Sean Payton is probably underrated by the fan base. There is an argument based on schedule alone we could be a better team with a lower win loss total.

However if we are healthy last year we probably beat the Cowboys, Titans, and the Dolphins. What I foresee in 2022 is the Steelers with a rookie QB, the Browns having Watson implode their team, the Bengals being a tough game but we have DB depth to match up, the Ravens have to run and we are good against the run. The Seahawks are in full rebuild. The Cardinals lost their best defensive player and Murray is disgruntled. The Rams won the Superbowl and will be favored in every game. The Saints will be up for the challenge. The 49ers have a new starting QB, a great defense, and a great run game. And every team in our division will have to play those teams.

It comes down to the Saints and the Bucs for the division and we have owned the Bucs. Ask yourself did the Bucs get better or worse? Are Brady and Gronk a year older, yep. Are Suh, Gronk or Pierre Paul back, I don't know, but not for now Is Antonio Brown replaced by Russel Gage an improvement? No. Did they lose their two starting guards and did our defensive line sack their immobile quarterback a ton before? Yep. Are Ronald Jones and OJ Howard gone? Yep. Did they lose their head coach? Yep.

Did the Saints lose Terron Armstead and Marcus Williams and do a decent job of replacing them, looks that way. Are the Saints getting back a starting quarterback that wants to show his old team why they made the wrong decision and was beating them before getting hurt on a dirty play by his old team? Looks that way too doesn't it. Are our top three wideouts this year better than anybody we had last year, yep. Does our new starting safety have a bone to pick for a former Superbowl loss with the Bucs? Probably. Did our new coach shut out the bucs on their field last year with a bunch of backups on offense when the Bucs were trying to repeat as Superbowl champs when our old coach had Covid? Yes sir. So forgive me ESPN if I think your 8 and 9 second in the division prediction is flawed and predictable for the national media.

I am glad the Saints are flying under the radar. Wait until the national media sees the following? A quarterback with everything to prove who is completely bought in with a stellar deep ball. A healthy Michael Thomas as a former offensive MVP that demands double coverage and can get open against any DB. A deep threat rookie wide receiver that exposes single coverage. A veteran slot receiver that will run circles around your third cornerback. A 4.3 deep threat doing spot duty off the bench who has fresh legs and taking 2 to the 3 deep shots a game in between being a probowl level kick returner. Our number one wide receiver last year now going against your fourth defensive back. A do all tight end running gadget plays and running over the too slow linebacker or too small safety you tried to cover him with truck sticking you into the end zone. The reincarnation of Marshall Faulk in the back field finally not having eight men in the box after a season with a bunch of undrafted wide receivers. Most of our offensive line back after having Armstead, Ramcyzk, Peat, and McCoy all miss significant games.

On D you have Davenport in a contract year. Jordan and Davis chasing a ring. Payton Turner back. Mathieu beloved by this whole city playing his heart out. Lattimore as an all pro level corner. A loaded defensive backfield with a defensive minded head coach who will move his safeties around where you won't know who is deep or blitzing. Good luck with that.

Our schedule is more difficult. (2021 AFC East and NFC East) (2022 AFC North NFC West) Our roster of who is on the field should be way better. We lost our coach. Dennis Allen is probably underrated by the media and the loss of Sean Payton is probably underrated by the fan base. There is an argument based on schedule alone we could be a better team with a lower win loss total.

However if we are healthy last year we probably beat the Cowboys, Titans, and the Dolphins. What I foresee in 2022 is the Steelers with a rookie QB, the Browns having Watson implode their team, the Bengals being a tough game but we have DB depth to match up, the Ravens have to run and we are good against the run. The Seahawks are in full rebuild. The Cardinals lost their best defensive player and Murray is disgruntled. The Rams won the Superbowl and will be favored in every game. The Saints will be up for the challenge. The 49ers have a new starting QB, a great defense, and a great run game. And every team in our division will have to play those teams.

It comes down to the Saints and the Bucs for the division and we have owned the Bucs. Ask yourself did the Bucs get better or worse? Are Brady and Gronk a year older, yep. Are Suh, Gronk or Pierre Paul back, I don't know, but not for now Is Antonio Brown replaced by Russel Gage an improvement? No. Did they lose their two starting guards and did our defensive line sack their immobile quarterback a ton before? Yep. Are Ronald Jones and OJ Howard gone? Yep. Did they lose their head coach? Yep.

Did the Saints lose Terron Armstead and Marcus Williams and do a decent job of replacing them, looks that way. Are the Saints getting back a starting quarterback that wants to show his old team why they made the wrong decision and was beating them before getting hurt on a dirty play by his old team? Looks that way too doesn't it. Are our top three wideouts this year better than anybody we had last year, yep. Does our new starting safety have a bone to pick for a former Superbowl loss with the Bucs? Probably. Did our new coach shut out the bucs on their field last year with a bunch of backups on offense when the Bucs were trying to repeat as Superbowl champs when our old coach had Covid? Yes sir. So forgive me ESPN if I think your 8 and 9 second in the division prediction is flawed and predictable for the national media.

I am glad the Saints are flying under the radar. Wait until the national media sees the following? A quarterback with everything to prove who is completely bought in with a stellar deep ball. A healthy Michael Thomas as a former offensive MVP that demands double coverage and can get open against any DB. A deep threat rookie wide receiver that exposes single coverage. A veteran slot receiver that will run circles around your third cornerback. A 4.3 deep threat doing spot duty off the bench who has fresh legs and taking 2 to the 3 deep shots a game in between being a probowl level kick returner. Our number one wide receiver last year now going against your fourth defensive back. A do all tight end running gadget plays and running over the too slow linebacker or too small safety you tried to cover him with truck sticking you into the end zone. The reincarnation of Marshall Faulk in the back field finally not having eight men in the box after a season with a bunch of undrafted wide receivers. Most of our offensive line back after having Armstead, Ramcyzk, Peat, and McCoy all miss significant games.

On D you have Davenport in a contract year. Jordan and Davis chasing a ring. Payton Turner back. Mathieu beloved by this whole city playing his heart out. Lattimore as an all pro level corner. A loaded defensive backfield with a defensive minded head coach who will move his safeties around where you won't know who is deep or blitzing. Good luck with that.

Mane that good stuff. You got me like:

Almost all of those national TV talking heads are looking at the Saints from 40k feet and just aren’t close enough to see what we see. They only follow a few teams closely and we all know which teams those are….

Almost all of those national TV talking heads are looking at the Saints from 40k feet and just aren’t close enough to see what we see. They only follow a few teams closely and we all know which teams those are….
National TVHeads follow the drama. And in general the Saints are drama free. The Saints got screen time this week not because they signed Landry, but because Brees sent out a joke of a tweet that he may be back. The National TV squirrels took that fake nut and ran with it because Brees coming back represents drama. Mike Greenberg of "Get Up" on ESPN makes no bones about it. One of his pet phrases is "I'm in the interesting business."

As such there are three stories each week about the same 5 NFL teams as if no one else exists. The only two commentators that are taking the Saints seriously are Dan Orlovski and Marcus Spears. The rest are still nattering about the 30 interceptions that Winston threw 3 years ago on a different team, with a coach that has a history of QBs throwing a ton of interceptions in that offensive system (including Big Ben, Andrew Luck, Carson Palmer, Peyton Manning, and initially even Tom Brady).

In reality, if they are not talking about you, then that's a good thing. Don't need no drama.

SFIAH

Last I saw Vegas has us at 7.5 wins. Use your life savings to bet the over. Hurry up before they realize Pete Carmichael has called actual NFL plays in the past, and was successful at it.
The guys in the desert are rarely wrong but I think they are this year. We do have a tough schedule but we've got a tough team. Let's see what happens. I thought 10 wins. I think we are better than last year but the CSP factor and Jameis under new leadership will be the difference.

The guys in the desert are rarely wrong but I think they are this year. We do have a tough schedule but we've got a tough team. Let's see what happens. I thought 10 wins. I think we are better than last year but the CSP factor and Jameis under new leadership will be the difference.
What do you mean "guys in the desert are rarely wrong." Their betting lines are not about football. Betting lines are all about trying to get even money on both sides of the proposition. 7.5 represents the rabid Saints fans to take the over evening out with the rest of the world who think the Saints are nothing burgers taking the under.

SFIAH

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom