Cam Jordan on the horrible officiating (1 Viewer)

The problem is we're still going to the games, watching on TV and buying NFL merch. Fans across the country can complain all they want but nothing will change until we complain with our pocket book.

I don't watch the NFL on my TV. I use to be glued to the TV on sundays. Now I just watch the saints. Since I'm in Austin I usually have to go to a bar to watch the game. My NOLA shirts come from dirty coast, fleurty girl etc. My buddy in NOLA gave his season ticket to his wife's friend a few years ago. She's still goes with her friend. He hasn't watched a NFL games in 3 years.

I complain but I still watch the saints. I want to spend that time cheering for my team. Not being frustrated with bull$#!+ calls/ no calls. I can see in the future if this stupid crap continues just completely stop watching any of it. Spend my sundays riding in the hill country.

That play happened right in front of the ref. The ref was staring at the play and didn't throw the flag.
That's the pitiful thing about it. When I heard the commentators say there's a flag I thought "Finally! Cam was was being held right in front of the ref..sadly, we don't need it cause he got the sack anyway" ..well, I was wrong. The flag they called on us wasn't even a flag DB was within the 5 yards of making contact.

A breakdown of penalties per year

That is just part of the story. It is when penalties are called that is the most interesting part of all of this. I am still working on this, but I have the breakdown of third down, fourth down or overturned INT's (when a team is on Offense) as 13-6 in favor of the Saints opponents this year.

Saints fans look for the flag when the Defense gets a "stop" or the Offense has a big play because we figure the play will be overturned. I think fans of some other teams look at things the opposite way.

2019 Narrative:

Saints fans: The officiating is atrocious! We've been saying it for years, please do something! Here is your proof!

Other non-Saints fans: Yeah, that was terrible and is this game rigged? The SB sucked. The NFL is trash. Also, Saints fans whine too much. But they have a point.

NFL Coaches: The refs have a tough job so let's give them even more resources to get the call right. Let's be patient and make sure we play a clean, safe game.

NFL Brass: Oh yeah, well vote on it!

---Vote passed.

2019 Season:

NFL Refs: All of you can just eat it because we don't care and we have careers outside of this. There's no checks and balances, so come at us.

All fans and coaches: The refs are hot garbage and this is ridiculous.

NFL Brass: *mumbles due to heads being up their butt*

/and scene. Thanks!

That's the pitiful thing about it. When I heard the commentators say there's a flag I thought "Finally! Cam was was being held right in front of the ref..sadly, we don't need it cause he got the sack anyway" ..well, I was wrong. The flag they called on us wasn't even a flag DB was within the 5 yards of making contact.
is that the play where Evans and willaims were literally both bear hugging each other? bc on one hand it's hilarious on the other how do you call that when both players are doing it lol

Im sure his shirt at the pro bowl didn't help. But then again the refs were awful long before that. Full time refs are long overdue, as well as a governing body.

A good ref would throw a flag early and send the message to the Olineman. Then, Cam would register double digit sacks every game. Explains why the league doesn't want good refs.
Ding ding ding! That is exactly right, they would not be throwing it every other play, they would only have to call a couple times early in the game to set the precedence and it would stop. The ones i am seeing ARE egregious and they are STILL not calling them.

People keep saying that its in retaliation for pushing the PI replay rule through but this has been going on for years. @Dallas last year, @atl the year before seattle in both 2013 games, every time we play NE, and just about every game through the 3 straight 7-9 seasons. The other team’s DBs are allowed to be all over our WRs, but if we even breath while the ball is in the air and its DPI.

People keep saying that its in retaliation for pushing the PI replay rule through but this has been going on for years. @Dallas last year, @atl the year before seattle in both 2013 games, every time we play NE, and just about every game through the 3 straight 7-9 seasons. The other team’s DBs are allowed to be all over our WRs, but if we even breath while the ball is in the air and its DPI.

Wow couldn’t agree more. Have been saying the same thing for YEARS up here and Everyone thinks I’m a biased arrogant sore loser when I call out the refs lol

Yep, it's been like this pretty much since Bountygate and when Saints won the Super Bowl.

This season is particularly bad because everyone is distracted by the PI replay rule. What's really happening is a massive imbalance in the way Saints games have been officiated. It's been blatantly obvious in the last 2 weeks.

I'm having a hard time believing the disparity is coincidence when the pattern has been obvious for some time now. Meh.

This makes me think back to a play from years ago, where a flag was thrown and then picked up by the ref... with an explanation along the lines of:
“There is no flag on the play for offensive holding, the defender continued to fight through the play; negating the foul.”

I know that I’m not entirely crazy... does anyone else remember this?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom