Cam Jordan on the horrible officiating (1 Viewer)

This makes me think back to a play from years ago, where a flag was thrown and then picked up by the ref... with an explanation along the lines of:
“There is no flag on the play for offensive holding, the defender continued to fight through the play; negating the foul.”

I know that I’m not entirely crazy... does anyone else remember this?
I do. And someone else also mentioned it earlier in the thread too. The officiating has been poor and getting worse since the 1990's.

If the Olines are auditioning for the WWE, give'em a show. Sell that "choke hold" or "hands to the face"; give us an Oscar moment(like in soccer). Both feet up in the air falling backwards might get a little attention from the refs.

People keep saying that its in retaliation for pushing the PI replay rule through but this has been going on for years. @Dallas last year, @atl the year before seattle in both 2013 games, every time we play NE, and just about every game through the 3 straight 7-9 seasons. The other team’s DBs are allowed to be all over our WRs, but if we even breath while the ball is in the air and its DPI.
1574511748469.gif

People keep saying that its in retaliation for pushing the PI replay rule through but this has been going on for years. @Dallas last year, @atl the year before seattle in both 2013 games, every time we play NE, and just about every game through the 3 straight 7-9 seasons. The other team’s DBs are allowed to be all over our WRs, but if we even breath while the ball is in the air and its DPI.

Yes and no imo. Yes, the officiating has been unbalanced against the Saints for years. That's pretty obvious. That said, there's more to the story this season with the addition of reviewable pass interference. I do think the refs as a group have taken issue with the new rule and are obnoxious about not overturning their initial calls on the field.

I do believe they are silently (but not really) protesting the rule change. And I've been a fan for 40+ years and never seen officiating this consistently bad across the league.

This makes me think back to a play from years ago, where a flag was thrown and then picked up by the ref... with an explanation along the lines of:
“There is no flag on the play for offensive holding, the defender continued to fight through the play; negating the foul.”

I know that I’m not entirely crazy... does anyone else remember this?
And that is how you win eight out of ten and without getting the sack. Wonder what the table would look like if the flag wasnt picked up. No I don't I know what it would look like.

This is my biggest gripe about our games this year. There is no way for us to blow out teams like we have in the past if we can't get off the field. Then even if you get to the QB you can't tackle him with any kind of force, below the waist, above the chest. Just imagine if you were transplanted from the early 90s to present day and had to watch this game, you wouldn't even think it was the NFL.

The league probably doesn't want a player from the Saints breaking league sack records though. . .

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom