Cam Jordan Played Like A Beast!! (1 Viewer)

He's been dominating all year. He leads the NFC in pressures.

All year? - yeah, but more than that. He's been consistently good, year after year.

If he were just on a winning team - he'd go to the pro bowl, year after year.

I'm starting to think this is the obvious pick, similar to Rankins last year. He would put up double digit sacks as a rookie. Reminds me of Simeon Rice for some reason.

It just makes too much sense.

Get a 2 down DE in free agency and draft Williams. This does a number of really good things:

1. You have 2 players instead of one. Your eggs aren't all in one basket as if you went and signed a top tier WDE. If Williams or the FA DE were to get hurt for a short period of time, there is a backup plan already in place.
2. You have spent very little in the way of resources. A first round pick and middle FA money. Not bad when talking about filling the 2nd most important position in football AND the most glaring hole on the team.
3. Williams should fall to where the Saints are picking, simply due to the arrest and his reputation (true or not) as a pass rusher only. This is great, because that is really all the Saints would need for the first year, or even two.
4. He would compliment Jordan perfectly. They are both adept at rushing from both sides, so they could switch throughout the game, rotating in with the FA DE, keeping everyone nice and fresh for the 4th quarter.
5. Williams is a berzerker coming off the edge. Speed, spins, humps, swats, swims, all of it. Everything, except speed to power, is already there and ready to go.

Yes, there *might be better WDE prospects than Williams in this draft. 3 or 4 years down the road Barnett, Harris, McKinley, or whomever may be a better all around DE than Williams.

But for these last 2 years of Brees' career, I am very pragmatic. I simply want the single best edge pass rusher who will be available when the Saints pick in the 2017 NFL draft.

I firmly believe that will be Tim Williams.

Cam has been playing well all season. It's shown more since Rankins came back, though. That addition made our entire line better.

You can definitely see the difference with Rankins in there. This is why I am salivating at the thought of having another true pass rusher opposite Cam. I really like Kikaha, but we can't be sure what we are going to get out of him. Getting a DE/LB in the draft to fill that void would be ideal, but I wouldn't mind getting a known commodity in Free Agency either.

It just makes too much sense.

Get a 2 down DE in free agency and draft Williams. This does a number of really good things:

1. You have 2 players instead of one. Your eggs aren't all in one basket as if you went and signed a top tier WDE. If Williams or the FA DE were to get hurt for a short period of time, there is a backup plan already in place.

Then keep Kruger. He's good on 1st and 2nd down. Just not the pass rusher we're looking for.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom