Cam Jordan Up to it again (1 Viewer)

Mark signed for $5M but told the Saints it would take $8M. We signed Murray for around $3.6M. About a million less than we offered Mark.

if my math is right, after federal taxes and the difference in state income taxes, Mark gets around an extra $70,000 in his pocket per year. I have to think a good chunk of that gets eaten up with the cost of living difference.

Did you see how many carries Murray received when Kamara was active? I really think it came down to Mark seeing that the RBBC wasn’t Going back to 1A-1B as it was in 2017. He had less touches in 2018 and he probably figured that he’d get even less in 2019.

Did you see how many carries Murray received when Kamara was active? I really think it came down to Mark seeing that the RBBC wasn’t Going back to 1A-1B as it was in 2017. He had less touches in 2018 and he probably figured that he’d get even less in 2019.
That’s a good point. I could understand wanting a bigger workload, but I think it boiled down to his agent getting his bluff called.

Just as with many other players that moved on for a better contract (you cannot blame them), we’ll see what happens when the time comes. In the mean time, I wish Ingram nothing but the best.

He didn’t get a better contract....

We were prepared to offer him more money than he got from Baltimore, but his agent screwed it up big time. I think they offered him 6.5 mil guaranteed and we offered 5. That was the original difference. Later down the road it was said that we were prepared to go higher than what they offered.

I don't buy the "agent screwed up" opinion. I buy the opinion that Mark Ingram and his agent wanted a change in scenery, to go play with a very talented young QB, and where Mark could be a feature running back.

While Mark's last couple years in New Orleans were great, we all know he struggled in his early years playing in Payton's many-weapons passing offense.

I don't buy the "agent screwed up" opinion. I buy the opinion that Mark Ingram and his agent wanted a change in scenery, to go play with a very talented young QB, and where Mark could be a feature running back.

While Mark's last couple years in New Orleans were great, we all know he struggled in his early years playing in Payton's many-weapons passing offense.

He had various foot and shoulder injuries during the entire first half of his time with the Saints. He missed a lot of games with those, hence the rise of guys like Ivory and Robinson. Once he shook the injuries, the numbers started to finally show his ability.

I think you are onto something with the running back by committee versus feature back thing.

I think you are onto something with the running back by committee versus feature back thing.

Which is funny because his numbers didn't reflect an uptick in carries.
He was averaging almost 10 yards a carry though which is crazy.

I'm happy for Mark, but we changed our entire o-line and protection scheme for him. Sucks that things went down the way they did.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom