Cam (Jordan) wants Cam (Newton) (3 Viewers)

Cam Newton is the antithesis of "leader". He doesn't hold himself to a very high standard, as evidenced by his lack of ethic to outwork his peers and be accountable and own his mistakes and shortcomings. He screams for attention with his every gesture, word, and dress. Is he better than Josh Rosen or Tyrod Taylor or _____? Sure.. he has all the physical tools. But he is akin to Jay Cutler and Jeff George and Micheal Vick -- talent + potential, - ethic, -accountability, - leadership = will never win a professional championship.

List of players I'd rather have:

Jameis Winston
Joe Flacco
Mike Glennon
A Broom
Blaine Gabbert
Blake Bortles

I'm not the biggest Cam Newton fan per se, but I would take him in a heartbeat over any QB on that list. A bunch of burnouts and never beens. Jameis Winston? Blaine Gabbert?? Mike Glennon????? No way in hell would I touch any of those guys! Cam's biggest issue is that he keeps getting hurt running the ball or holding on to it too long in the pocket. That wouldn't happen in a Sean Payton system.

I'm not the biggest Cam Newton fan per se, but I would take him in a heartbeat over any QB on that list. A bunch of burnouts and never beens. Jameis Winston? Blaine Gabbert?? Mike Glennon????? No way in hell would I touch any of those guys! Cam's biggest issue is that he keeps getting hurt running the ball or holding on to it too long in the pocket. That wouldn't happen in a Sean Payton system.

The ability to pass the ball accurately is really important in Sean Payton's offense. I'd say every QB I listed, including the broom, would be better fits for SP's offense and this locker room.

Now if Cam still had his out of this world athleticism this wouldn't even be a discussion. You can live with an inaccurate QB if he can single handedly take over games with his feet. But without his running ability you have a QB who struggles to complete passes in the short to intermediate range, limited ability to read defenses, and is also prone to turnovers. And then you throw his ego into the mix and it's a resounding no thanks for me.

IF taking Cam was the cost of getting Goodell fired, break the bank to do so. Otherwise, NO.

I think we all (including Cam Jordan) have way too much time on our hands. I thought that he was joking around again. This is a horrible idea on many levels.

I wish Cam Newton well, I just don't wish him here yet.
I know. I like to make fun of his clothes and his press conferences. However no off field troubles and the handing out footballs at games is worthy of respect. Just don't want a less than 60% career completion passer in Payton's offense.

• 1Like
Reactions: tak
I know. I like to make fun of his clothes and his press conferences. However no off field troubles and the handing out footballs at games is worthy of respect. Just don't want a less than 60% career completion passer in Payton's offense.
I hear you. I'm sure Cam Newton means well and is probably a really nice guy. I'm more concerned with the level of maturity which effects leadership and locker rooms. We've seen the pouting and unwillingness to scrum for a fumble. That's just surface level stuff that we see.
I hope the best for everyone but sometimes the best means being a better you first. I hope he gets better.

I'd take Cam or Jameis. I think either would be fantastic in Payton's offense.

I can't think of a better QB to fill the joker role if Taysom goes to New England.

I would take Newton or Winston to back up Brees in a New York minute. Either one. If they come in and do what Teddy did last year, we get another pick.

For Pete's sake can we just add somebody named Cam or Jordan. He's just going to keep at this until it happens. He's infatuated with the idea of having another player on the team with either his first or last name.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom