Cam Jordan: "Which QB do you want to see us win with" Referring to Tampa (1 Viewer)

Brees threw a near pick six (returned all the way to our three yard line) in the second quarter of this game forcing a bad ball to Michael Thomas when he did not need to do that. The Bucs threw a TD to Mike Evans on the next play to go up 10 to 6. Winston threw the 56 yard touchdown to Traquan Smith on the next drive. (i.e. not Brees.) Brees threw a nice 16 yard TD to Smith with 9:46 left in the third quarter to go ahead 20 to 13. We never scored again. Cook fumbled at 4:36 left to go in the third on what would have been a first down just inside the Bucs 50. Brady drove tied it up at 20 with about 1:44 left in the third. Bucs kicked a go ahead field goal with 8 minutes left in the fourth. Brees threw a second pick six equivalent with seven minutes left in the fourth returned to the 21. Bucs scored a TD with five minutes left. Brees threw a final pick at the four minute mark.

Brees looked like a retiring player who could no longer throw deep. For as much flack as we give Cook. Brees was done. I love the guy, but it was time. Fans blaming Cook for that loss in my opinion are shortsighted. Fans thinking that the defense somehow played horrible giving up the 30 points in the playoff game are not accounting for the four turnovers by the offense and the near turnovers by the defense that were close (Marcus Williams, Ceedy Duece, and Marshawn Lattimore all had near interceptions in that game.) The Saints did not force an official turnover. Drew Brees in his final game was 19/34 134 yards 1 TD and 3 INTs.

Last edited:
Brees threw a near pick six (returned all the way to our three yard line) in the second quarter of this game forcing a bad ball to Michael Thomas when he did not need to do that. The Bucs threw a TD to Mike Evans on the next play to go up 10 to 6. Winston threw the 56 yard touchdown to Traquan Smith on the next drive. (i.e. not Brees.) Brees threw a nice 16 yard TD to Smith with 9:46 left in the third quarter to go ahead 20 to 13. We never scored again. Cook fumbled at 4:36 left to go in the third on what would have been a first down just inside the Bucs 50. Brady drove tied it up at 20 with about 1:44 left in the third. Bucs kicked a go ahead field goal with 8 minutes left in the fourth. Brees threw a second pick six equivalent with seven minutes left in the fourth returned to the 21. Bucs scored a TD with five minutes left. Brees threw a final pick at the four minute mark.

Brees looked like a retiring player who could no longer throw deep. For as much flack as we give Cook. Brees was done. I love the guy, but it was time. Fans blaming Cook for that loss in my opinion are shortsighted. Fans thinking that the defense somehow played horrible giving up the 30 points in the playoff game are not accounting for the four turnovers by the offense and the near turnovers by the defense that were close (Marcus Williams, Ceedy Duece, and Marshawn Lattimore all had near interceptions in that game.) The Saints did not force an official turnover. Drew Brees in his final game was 19/34 134 yards 1 TD and 3 INTs.
I am a huge Brees guy and I said that whole year that this has to be it. He’s done

However, nope, not being shortsighted. If Cook doesn’t fumble we had all the MO. They couldn’t stop us to save their life at that point and we were scoring again there. The game was all but over barring a miracle. Yes, Brees fell apart late when we had to start forcing some stuff and taking shots. But Cook and his choking self is 1000% what changed that whole game and we just never got ole Mo back.

I am a huge Brees guy and I said that whole year that this has to be it. He’s done

However, nope, not being shortsighted. If Cook doesn’t fumble we had all the MO. They couldn’t stop us to save their life at that point and we were scoring again there. The game was all but over barring a miracle. Yes, Brees fell apart late when we had to start forcing some stuff and taking shots. But Cook and his choking self is 1000% what changed that whole game and we just never got ole Mo back.
Man, we had like 13 points when Cooks fumbled. No doubt there was a shift in momentum, but we weren’t out of it. Brees’ 3 picks cost us the game. Our first two drives, thanks to Harty, were damn near in the red zone, and we walked away with two FGs. They most certainly were stopping us.

I like where this team and organization is going and believe our future is brighter than the Bucs organization. The only thing they got going is Brady saving them in 2020 they’re not built for the next 3-5 years. After Brady it’s another 20 year drought for the Bucs hell they’ll probably struggle this season.

I’m of two minds about this and really the team as a whole during thr Payton/Brees era and our reputation. People call us chokers or that we can’t win in the playoffs without cheating or whatever. And it’s crap.

There have been only two teams with multiple Super Bowls since the Cowboys in the friggin’ 90s. Patriots and Steelers. Winning a Super Bowl is hard. And some seasons the best team in the league doesn’t even make it to the final game. What would equal not being a choking team? One extra Super Bowl? Losing in some other fashion to Minnesota in ‘18? If we had won again in ‘11 like most felt we could, but everything else occured would the discourse be the same? I kinda feel like it would. So we aren’t in the annals of the greatest franchise runs in NFL history? How is that deserving of mockery. We can beat anyone and do beat anyone.

There isn’t a team in the NFL I would worry about facing because our talent and coaching are par with anyone. The New Orleans Saints are a great franchise.

And yet. I feel like we grossly underachieved. I wanted two or theee more Super Bowls man. I want that level of unf*qwitableness. Did we keep Brees too long? What if this off-season is fool’s gold and we can’t win enough as constructed? Our chance as flown out the window and we’ll never get it back.

Ah. The cognitive dissonance.

Well, if we keep Book on the 53 roster. He will take Andy's QB2 roll next year. That will be the plan.

................or he will be poached off the PS.

To return to the original point of the thread Cam Jordan is saying since Brady joined the Bucs the Saints have been 4 and 1 against them and it took a 4+ turnover margin by the Bucs to win the one. The defense has dominated the greatest player in NFL history. In the four wins the Saints have given up a total of 53 points and the Saints have scored 117. This includes a shut out and 3 points in both games in Tampa. That is confidence no other opponent in Brady's history can boast to do that man like that on his home field. Jordan is saying what quarterback yall want... It does not matter. We have had Trevor Siemian, Taysom Hill, old Drew Brees, and for one quarter Jameis Winston until yall cheated and injured him. We are not afraid. If anything the Saints in 2022 have improved (Winston, Thomas, Landry, Mathieu, Olave...) and the 2022 Bucs have deteriorated (their offensive line is worse, no more AB or Gronk.) I think the confidence is warranted and Vegas will be wrong again.

My beef with blaming the Cook fumble was that it wasn't our only turnover, and TBH we couldn't move the ball in that game anyway. We had one sustained drive in that game that led to a TD and AK accounted for more than half the yards on that drive.
My thoughts exactly. Everyone wants to blame Cook and his fumble saying that it changed momentum but momentum swings and our defense still held Tampa at bay. We also didn't have the momentum that many people thought we did. The only reason the drive that Cook fumbled was sustained was because a PI on 3rd down. I hate the blame game because people will think and believe what they want to but Tampa scored 0 TDs on drives that didn't result in a short field due to turnovers. We lost by 10 and gave up 21 point off turnovers.

Are you for real??????????????
If it wasn't for Cook's fumble with 4 minutes left in the 3rd quarter, we'd still have the ball with the potential of being up 20 points going into the 4th....We'd be running a-lot more in the 4th quarter...Which means, we'd probably have less than 35 passing yards in the 4th quarter.

So, yes, I am being for real??????????????

We had damn near a whole half to "recover". Drew couldn't throw more than 10 yards and Tampa knew that. Three ints in your own territory equals a loss. A team can overcome 1 turnover, but three more, in your own territory . . . Brees should of been benched and Jameis inserted if we are keeping it real.

I don’t think Brady completed a pass that was more than 10-15 yards until the very end of the 3rd quarter. Their defense created turnovers, fumble recovery and INts, our defense did not. Also, didn’t we have that great PR called back in the first half. It was the opposite compared to the NFC Championship vs The Vikings. Pretty much everything that could go wrong went wrong! We should have beaten the Bucs, and honestly, we got “lucky” vs the Vikings.

Brady threw 3 Ints the next game and their D still won the game!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom