Cam Jordan? (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
What's yall's take on Jordan's performance this year? He's not the player he was a couple years ago and looks very slow chasing QB's now, but he's still a beast against the run and a leader on the defense. Not putting the blame on him or anything but this defense could REALLY use some help from a pass rush. It was pretty unbelievable, the pocket Hurts' had to throw from in last week's game. I think we are in desperate need of a veteran DT also. I know they're were speculation of Jordan moving inside at one point.

I’m sure I’m not at all accurate

In the beginning of last game the wwl broadcast made the comment than Cam and Dav switched sides , no big deal I thought as I’m sure it happens all the time

After first or second play Dav walked from side he was on to where Cam was and hand gestured pointing with his thumb in closed fist signaling to Cam to switch sides - Dav going to right Cam to left

Not sure what’s normal alignment or how often they switch and when

Not suggesting tension

But between Dav and now PT limited playing time due to injury have them limited to certain roles/sides?

Leaving Cam less effective due to limited movement across the line ?

If Turner (and now Davenport) were healthy, then we would probably see Cam on the inside more on passing downs. The problem is Turner has been injured and Davenport is always injured too.

I honestly didn’t think Hendrickson was gonna keep this going, but the Saints made a mistake letting him go. I think that if the Saints had never drafted Davenport, then Hendrickson would’ve been re-signed no matter the cap situation. But I think they felt Davenport had the higher ceiling when they drafted him.

Cam Jordan is one of the best Saints to ever put on the Black & Gold. He's had an incredible career. Not many DEs in league history have this many years of sustained quality play in both the run game and pass rushing. He's never missed a game and for a decade he averaged 9.5 Sacks a year.

He's had a great run but the past two seasons haven't been his best. I see people point to double teams as the reason why he appears to be in decline and maybe that's correct. Or maybe time is catching up to the 32 year old iron man. He's played a lot of football at one of the most physically demanding positions in all of sports. All those snaps add up and take a toll.

It looks like Cam is who he is now. He started his career as more of a run stuffer that developed into a double digit sack DE on average from 2013-2019. Since 2020 Cam is back to more of a run stuffer. He's on the backside of his career and his prime was probably 2013-2019, but he's still a durable run stuffing DE and you keep those guys around as long as you can. The only issue is that DE contracts are normally tied to sack totals so his salary vs sacks is skewed. If there's a way to release/resign or restructure his deal to capture the player he is now, that would probably be the way to keep him a Saint until he retires.

Cam Jordan is one of the best Saints to ever put on the Black & Gold. He's had an incredible career. Not many DEs in league history have this many years of sustained quality play in both the run game and pass rushing. He's never missed a game and for a decade he averaged 9.5 Sacks a year.

He's had a great run but the past two seasons haven't been his best. I see people point to double teams as the reason why he appears to be in decline and maybe that's correct. Or maybe time is catching up to the 32 year old iron man. He's played a lot of football at one of the most physically demanding positions in all of sports. All those snaps add up and take a toll.
Your last paragraph is mostly it, and I don’t know how folks wouldn’t understand this. Father Time is undefeated. Cam has been an iron man, warrior, not much tread left on those tires. He’s still valuable against the run and I hope he restructures and retires a Saint.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom