Cam Jordan's Decline? (1 Viewer)

Saintaholik

SaintsReport PHD (Formerly SaintsSwag)
Reaction score
At some point we have to talk about it...

While still effective against the run, although I will say hes been more effective in previous years.

There has been a significant drop off in his pass rush production.

Throughout Cams career he was always making huge plays when the game was on the line. We could always count on him to come through. He would look downright nasty at times.

This year I didnt see that same level of play, and it def reared its ugly head tonight. I do realize Tom was getting the ball out pretty quickly, but even so, we didn't have nearly the pressure this game, as we did the last 2 meetings.

In saying that...

I dont want to blame this loss on the defense at all! That fumble really cost us the game. It switched momentum, and changed the trajectory of the game. You absolutely can not fumble there!

I didn’t think he played bad. The bucs obviously played a game designed to keep Brady standing. There were some outstanding efforts by a few of the buc receivers in big moments. I don’t think the defense lost us this game as much as the offense did. With all that said, he is no spring chicken. I hope the saints don’t follow the path that we did when they replaced all of the leadership for youth. Cam’s leadership would be highly missed on this team.

He's 31 so I'm sure he has a yr or two in him witch is why I wouldn't be surprised if Hendrickson gets resigned as he and Davenport are the futures at the position.

1. Hendrickson
2. Lattimore
3. Ram
4. Rankins

Are priority free agents everyone else are restructures or replaced via FA and the draft.

He was done all year. Sadly... Time to move on to Hendricks and Davenport.

He's 31 so I'm sure he has a yr or two in him witch is why I wouldn't be surprised if Hendrickson gets resigned as he and Davenport are the futures at the position.

1. Hendrickson
2. Lattimore
3. Ram
4. Rankins

Are priority free agents everyone else are restructures or replaced via FA and the draft.
I think Ram is number one priority.
And seeing Dav as part of our future at DE made me sad. I’m just not sold on him. Trey has now shown something, I still haven’t seen much from Davenport.

And I’ve been saying it, Cam is done. He’s been an ironman and it’s caught up to him finally. He’s been a beast for us and I’m thankful.

I wanted Cam to break the team sack record and retire a Saint but he has regressed. He’s going to be 32 this summer. He has a hefty contract. I really believe we need to find a way to keep Hendrickson and I think the play may be letting Cam go and moving forward with TRex and Davenport at DE.

And seeing Dav as part of our future at DE made me sad. I’m just not sold on him. Trey has now shown something, I still haven’t seen much from Davenport.

And I’ve been saying it, Cam is done. He’s been an ironman and it’s caught up to him finally. He’s been a beast for us and I’m thankful.
I agree. I think Ram is priority one of the players mentioned above. I believe consistency along the OL is important... Especially with a different QB coming in.

The numbers are arbitrary those are just the players who are core additions that should be resigned.

I dont know if it was an injury , remember that weird tweet we got from Cam saying they had perform surgery after last season, was all weird bc it was kept quiet in the media. I would hope it's injury related bc that would mean there is still some Jordan left in the black and gold. But if it's not injury related he has taken a nose dive in production which is espcially concerning considering T Rex was leading the league in sacks at one point, the flood gates should have opened for him

I get different positions but here are Rickey Jackson's sack numbers. Went on to have double digit sack years at 33-35 after a couple of off years. Hopefully Cam is the same.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210118-010158_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210118-010158_Chrome.jpg
    327.6 KB · Views: 11
Said it all year. Sets the edge great and a leader but coverage sacks is all he can get now. Demario name wasn’t called all playoffs either

Demario didn't play bad, he got the only sack we had.

The defense played well, def good enough to win. The only TD's they scored were off of TO's that the offense gave away. Which lead to great field position

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom