Cam Jordan's Decline? (1 Viewer)

I think Ram is number one priority.
And seeing Dav as part of our future at DE made me sad. I’m just not sold on him. Trey has now shown something, I still haven’t seen much from Davenport.

And I’ve been saying it, Cam is done. He’s been an ironman and it’s caught up to him finally. He’s been a beast for us and I’m thankful.
I too have been 💯 on the Davenport bandwagon... But have been disappointed as of late. It's year three and he should be making noise.

Color me unimpressed

I wanted Cam to break the team sack record and retire a Saint but he has regressed. He’s going to be 32 this summer. He has a hefty contract. I really believe we need to find a way to keep Hendrickson and I think the play may be letting Cam go and moving forward with TRex and Davenport at DE.
Cameron Jordan has been a very good player on our D-line for close to a decade and at times, he's even played at a borderline, HOF player, but to break this franchise's all-time career sacks record, requires being a great player for a very, very long time and while I'd argue Jordan's had a more successful career, stats wise and postseason, then let's say Wayne Martin, he probably won't reach Rickey Jackson or Sam Mills' long-term sustained level of play. "City Champ" and the "Field Mouse" were forces of nature pretty much their entire careers and that's why one is in the HOF, and why the other should(and hopefully will be soon) inducted in Canton.

I'm sure that's more then likely to please some older Panthers fans who still like to reminisce and pretend Mills played his entire career with Carolina AND THAT THEY, AND ONLY THEM, DESERVE TO HONOR HIS LEGACY.

I have been documenting this for the last three years. He was never an elite speed rusher, rather an effort guy. He gets a lot of his sacks late when QB is flushed and coverage is good. I kinda wish Saints would take the salary cap hit and trade him along with Thomas and Armstead.

Demario didn't play bad, he got the only sack we had.

The defense played well, def good enough to win. The only TD's they scored were off of TO's that the offense gave away. Which lead to great field position
The secondary improved big time as the season progressed. It's the slow starts that I don't get. The d line went the opposite direction. Cam needs some help next to him at this stage but he isn't washed up yet.

He is still effective but not worth the salary. We need a solid LB core.

I can remember Will Smith having seasons like this sprinkled throughout his career. Then you’d find out after the season that he’d been playing through a nagging groin injury all season.

Let’s see if he can bounce back after a full offseason.

I get different positions but here are Rickey Jackson's sack numbers. Went on to have double digit sack years at 33-35 after a couple of off years. Hopefully Cam is the same.

Was that when he played for the Super Bowl 49ers team?

I’m wondering if he was playing through something. These players play through a lot. We questioned Kamara all last season, when turns out he was seriously hurt but still playing

Considering that he had an MRI prior to the playoffs, I'm 100% sure he has something wrong.

trade him while you can for picks, resign T rex and run with him and Davenport

Yea, where was Demario?

I have to think the defense we called was part of the problem. At times pre-snap I could see wide open country in the middle of the field. I think the emphasis Tampa placed on out LB's to cover gave Fournette free reign last night. Demario was also paired with Anzalone who was terrible. The tandem magic wasn't there.

And Cam is all to often Mr. Invisible. His production doesn't match his antics.

Wow!

What a meltdown today.
Cam is awesome and has at least a few great years left in him.
4 turnovers by the offense yesterday and now our defense gets the blame?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom