Cam Jordan's place in Saints history (1 Viewer)

his status... like rickey, drew and morten is deity

I can still vividly remember the night the Saints drafted Cam Jordan in the 1st round with the 24th pick. I mean all the best DEs were already gone. JJ Watt, Nick Fairley, Robert Quinn, Corey Lugett, Ryan Kerrigan were all gone. And there hadn't been a single running back taken. And anyone who had seen the Saints play the year before could realize the difference in them from the Super bowl year was a complete lack of physicality, granted mostly on the defensive side of the ball. But never the less they needed physicality injected post haste.

I didn't feel that all the best DE's were gone, not at all, I thought Jordan was a steal for us, he was projected by most to go mid round, he is better than all those guys not named JJ Watt and one could make an argument there as he has been more durable than Watt....

He should have played in a SB last year but he was drafted in 2011 actually...

I didn't feel that all the best DE's were gone, not at all, I thought Jordan was a steal for us, he was projected by most to go mid round, he is better than all those guys not named JJ Watt and one could make an argument there as he has been more durable than Watt....

He should have played in a SB last year but he was drafted in 2011 actually...
You get no argument from me on his status NOW compared to the other guys that i mentioned earlier as well as JJ Watt for the exact reason you mentioned. However, after all the mistakes & blown draft choices from guys Like Shaun knight to J.T. Sulivan, can you type to me with a straight face that you knew the son of a "tight end" ( ala Kellen Winslow Jr.) from a liberal Pac 12 school in California would be anywhere close to the caliber this man has been?

You get no argument from me on his status NOW compared to the other guys that i mentioned earlier as well as JJ Watt for the exact reason you mentioned. However, after all the mistakes & blown draft choices from guys Like Shaun knight to J.T. Sulivan, can you type to me with a straight face that you knew the son of a "tight end" ( ala Kellen Winslow Jr.) from a liberal Pac 12 school in California would be anywhere close to the caliber this man has been?

Yes and WTF does a "liberal Pac 12 school" have to do with anything....great players come from all over....

His dad (Steve Jordan) was a very solid, underrated TE that had a great work ethic so he came from great stock. I think that counts for something as well.

I was not surprised at all that he became a great player...not....at.....all.....

Selected (by me) list of Cal-Berkeley players who play or played in the NFL:
Cameron Jordan
Aaron Rodgers
Keenan Allen
Jared Goff
CJ Anderson
Alex Mack
Chidi Ahanatou
Tyson Alualu
Bryan Anger
JJ Arrington
Nnamdi Asmugha
Ron Rivera
Shane Vereen
Ed White
Tully Banta-Cain
Steve Bartkowski
Jahvid Best
Kyle Boller
Jim Breech
Doug Brien
Andre Carter
Chris Conte
Brian de la Puente
Thomas DeCoud
Herm Edwards
Justin Forsett
Tarik Glenn
Tony Gonzalez
Ken Harvey
Jake Kupp
Mychal Hendricks
Marshawn Lynch
Craig Morton
Chuck Muncie
Hardy Nickerson
DeSean Jackson
Some familiar and all-too-familiar names on that list.

Last edited:
Cameron Jordan
Aaron Rodgers
Keenan Allen
Jared Goff
CJ Anderson
Alex Mack
Chidi Ahanatou
Tyson Alualu
Bryan Anger
JJ Arrington
Nnamdi Asmugha
Ron Rivera
Shane Vereen
Ed White
Tully Banta-Cain
Steve Bartkowski
Jahvid Best
Kyle Boller
Jim Breech
Doug Brien
Andre Carter
Chris Conte
Brian de la Puente
Thomas DeCoud
Herm Edward's
Justin Forsett
Tarik Glenn
Tony Gonzalez
Ken Harvey
Jake Kupp
Mychal Hendricks
Marshawn Lynch
Craig Morton
Chuck Muncie
Hardy Nickerson

Wow, I knew they produced some players over the years but that is quite a list. A number of all-Pros and some HOFer or future HOFers on that list...thanks for the info....

Wow, I knew they produced some players over the years but that is quite a list. A number of all-Pros and some HOFer or future HOFers on that list...thanks for the info....
And I forgot DeSean Jackson. Just edited the post.

Cameron Jordan
Aaron Rodgers
Keenan Allen
Jared Goff
CJ Anderson
Alex Mack
Chidi Ahanatou
Tyson Alualu
Bryan Anger
JJ Arrington
Nnamdi Asmugha
Ron Rivera
Shane Vereen
Ed White
Tully Banta-Cain
Steve Bartkowski
Jahvid Best
Kyle Boller
Jim Breech
Doug Brien
Andre Carter
Chris Conte
Brian de la Puente
Thomas DeCoud
Herm Edwards
Justin Forsett
Tarik Glenn
Tony Gonzalez
Ken Harvey
Jake Kupp
Mychal Hendricks
Marshawn Lynch
Craig Morton
Chuck Muncie
Hardy Nickerson
DeSean Jackson
If you don’t play in the ALMIGHTY sec then some people on here have no clue who you are.

I can still vividly remember the night the Saints drafted Cam Jordan in the 1st round with the 24th pick. I mean all the best DEs were already gone. JJ Watt, Nick Fairley, Robert Quinn, Corey Lugett, Ryan Kerrigan were all gone. And there hadn't been a single running back taken. And anyone who had seen the Saints play the year before could realize the difference in them from the Super bowl year was a complete lack of physicality, granted mostly on the defensive side of the ball. But never the less they needed physicality injected post haste.

And for me the best way to get there was by drafting Mark Ingram with their first round pick. So when I heard the name Cam Jordan from a finesse school like California, I thought what a stupid wasted pick & got up in front of my friends. downed the last swig of brew, & kissed them all good night since the Saints in ALL their usual traditional glory would backslide from grace & go back to the old losers who just can't help themselves. Well,..... needless to say, my crystal ball was somewhat steamed up that night. And I deserve to sit here & tell you fellow fans what a fool I was. By the mercies of our Lord, The Saints caught a brain rush & realized the error of their way & traded up to get my boy from the grips of Satan himself & save Mark Ingram from the wicked one( Nick the p-ick Saban).

I would be so much less embarrassed, yet less happy if the story ended there. But to tell the truth, I can only say that in my humbled opinion, Cam Jordan is my personal all time 3rd bestest & most favorite Saint in the history of the team. Of course Drew is pretty much the undisputed number one by a pretty good stretch. And then of course there's the incredible Ricky Jackson who was the 2nd greatest linebacker of all time. Then after that, Cameron has been an incredibly great player being balanced against the run as well as a great pass rusher. There may be plays where the camera sees him not have as much to give as other plays. But I have never seen him live, or on memorex ever ever take a play off. he strives so hard to have some kind of effect on every single play he plays whether it's a tackle, taking on a double team, or knocking down a pass when he can't get to the QB. Or he could just be holding his position on the backside. But he pursues & chases down the field as well as covers his own turf. He is truly a joy to watch play the game. he has a great time & is as physical & tough a two dollar steak. But he plays clean & within the rules. And lives like a real role model should off the field as well. It was a blessing for the Saints to be able to tie up Jordan for the next 4 years. I can say if anything is worth those overpriced nachos & beer, it's getting to see a professional like Jordan ply his trade on the gridiron.
Just wondering who you have ahead of Rickey Jackson at LB. For me maybe Dick Butkus but that is only a maybe.

Cameron Jordan
Aaron Rodgers
Keenan Allen
Jared Goff
CJ Anderson
Alex Mack
Chidi Ahanatou
Tyson Alualu
Bryan Anger
JJ Arrington
Nnamdi Asmugha
Ron Rivera
Shane Vereen
Ed White
Tully Banta-Cain
Steve Bartkowski
Jahvid Best
Kyle Boller
Jim Breech
Doug Brien
Andre Carter
Chris Conte
Brian de la Puente
Thomas DeCoud
Herm Edwards
Justin Forsett
Tarik Glenn
Tony Gonzalez
Ken Harvey
Jake Kupp
Mychal Hendricks
Marshawn Lynch
Craig Morton
Chuck Muncie
Hardy Nickerson
DeSean Jackson
Now you guys are rubbing it in. Although I get the point. Excellent rebuttal. Having said that. How has that team not won a national championship? I can't even remember the last time they won a PAC 12 title. And yes they are one of the most ridiculously liberal arts schools int he country which is why I said what I said on that point.

Just wondering who you have ahead of Rickey Jackson at LB. For me maybe Dick Butkus but that is only a maybe.
Ricky suffered from the same problem Drew has had to deal with. While Drew IMO is the second greatest QB of all time, he has had to play brides maid toe the GOAT. And some people even think one of the enormously overrated manning boys is the greatest of all time.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom