Cam Jordan's right about Bucs, NFC South race; five breakout DBs (1 Viewer)

• Admin
1596871135047.png

By Bucky Brooks | NFL.com Analyst

Think the New Orleans Saints are about to hand over the NFC South reins to the Tom Brady-infused Tampa Bay Buccaneers? Think again, according to Cam Jordan.

Asked about the new-look Bucs on NFL Network's Good Morning Football this past Monday, the Pro Bowl defensive end responded thusly, with a wry smile:

"I do know we have to step up our game, we have to elevate. I mean, they've got the second-greatest quarterback in all times, right behind Drew Brees, and now we've got a head-to-head two times a year. We've got our work cut out for us. And then, of course, they have additions. You know, you bring in (Rob) Gronkowski and LeSean McCoy, you already had two 1,000-yard receivers in (Chris) Godwin and Mike Evans. I mean, this is a team that's fighting for second place."

Well alright!

Jordan was obviously having fun poking at his division rivals, but his words clearly reflect how confident the loaded Saints feel heading into the 2020 season. And rightfully so. Considering New Orleans has claimed back-to-back-to-back NFC South titles, posting a 13-5 division mark in the process, it is easy to understand why Cam and Co. aren't threatened by TB12's arrival in Tampa. The Saints have owned the South in recent years, winning the division title last season by a whopping six games, and it's hard to imagine them relinquishing their crown in 2020 with a Super Bowl-caliber roster. ...

Full Story - NFL.com

Andrus Whitewing

Andrus Whitewing

Admin

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom