Cam Meredith new injury? (1 Viewer)

I was curious about this because it was reported around Mini Camp that he was ahead of schedule. I also believed that he participated in Mini Camp as well. I guess this news answers the question as to why he hasn't been practicing, let alone play.

I sure hope Meredith doesn’t turn out to be another Byrd. A really good player coming in off an injury only to never get healthy enough to regain their form and contribute

I sure hope Meredith doesn’t turn out to be another Byrd. A really good player coming in off an injury only to never get healthy enough to regain their form and contribute
Meredith can't possibly be in the same stratosphere as Byrd - contract alone. Without that contract, the signing wouldn't have been such a big deal.

As long as it isn't his knee, everything should be fine. He's probably annoyed with some nagging pulled muscle or something along those lines - or at least I hope.

i'd say he's annoyed to have come back from injury and to be sidelined with some other random muscle pull/strain. hopefully its nothing serious.

Hasn't been moved to IR or PUP. If it was serious, then he likely would have to open up a camp roster spot for another player.

Twitter and FB posts could mean anything. This post could be over a fight he had with his girlfriend or the battery on his car dying, etc...

Meredith can't possibly be in the same stratosphere as Byrd - contract alone. Without that contract, the signing wouldn't have been such a big deal.

As long as it isn't his knee, everything should be fine. He's probably annoyed with some nagging pulled muscle or something along those lines - or at least I hope.
You're right about his contract. Fairly reasonable. 2 years, $9.5M with $5.35M guaranteed. $3.5M of that as a bonus. Nowhere near what I recall Byrd getting.

Hasn't been moved to IR or PUP. If it was serious, then he likely would have to open up a camp roster spot for another player.

Twitter and FB posts could mean anything. This post could be over a fight he had with his girlfriend or the battery on his car dying, etc...
I suppose this is why Payton is waiting for Floyd to get in shape. Maybe insurance at the most.

I wonder how much this has affected him psychologically. Players who aren’t concerned don’t talk about their obstacles in life. If I wasn’t already...I’m all in on TreQuan Smith.

I consistently forget that Meredith is on the team. Haven’t heard anything regarding plays he’s made in practice, and he was OUT of the 1st preseason game. I think we have the depth at WR to thrive despite his health (or lack thereof).

I’d already put him at #4 behind MT, Ginn, and TreQuan... and I believe Kirkwood could/would be a very solid 4th WR and even be a slight upgrade over Coleman (who could still return to the team once he heals up).

I am in the mindset of expecting nothing from Meredith, and then anything he gives us is lagniappe.

While I want him here playing ASAP. I fully expect TreQuan to move up the depth charts. I just feel like he is a playmaker and needs to be on the field.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom