Cam Meredith new injury? (1 Viewer)

Interestingly, just yesterday when asked about Peat CSP had this to say:
"He had team drills yesterday and two or three snaps today," Payton said. "There's a phrase, we kind of ramp them up, so each day we gradually increase a load, then we'll back off a day. ... Good to have him back out here taking reps with the first group. When you look at a few of our guys with injuries, like Alex, Andrus, and Cam, those guys are coming along well."
Saints pleased with progress of Andrus Peat, Alex Okafor, Cameron Meredith

Jarius Byrd all over again.......I sure hope I'm wrong. Would not be surprised if he's placed on IR and we keep two rookie WRs.

I sure hope Meredith doesn’t turn out to be another Byrd. A really good player coming in off an injury only to never get healthy enough to regain their form and contribute

It's impossible for anyone to be another Byrd because the Saints didn't invest nearly as much in Meredith as they did in the latter. They also didn't go all in on him as the sole contributor to solve the slot problem as they drafted Tre'quan Smith as well. What I will say is plenty of us have agreed that Keith Kirkwood's stock just took a meteoric rise.

Same Body type and attributes as Meredith and both are UDFA's.

Solid points, ELLIASJWILLIAMS. Not having to come in as the "savior" of an entire unit makes a difference in how we can evaluate Meredith.

The recent setbacks is really a shame. Meredith has plenty of ability, but if his body's not right ... he'll never get to show what he's got.

I consistently forget that Meredith is on the team. Haven’t heard anything regarding plays he’s made in practice, and he was OUT of the 1st preseason game. I think we have the depth at WR to thrive despite his health (or lack thereof).

I’d already put him at #4 behind MT, Ginn, and TreQuan... and I believe Kirkwood could/would be a very solid 4th WR and even be a slight upgrade over Coleman (who could still return to the team once he heals up).

I am in the mindset of expecting nothing from Meredith, and then anything he gives us is lagniappe.
Yeah, not starting off well for him. Fortunate to have Smith coming on and Floyd available.

I hope he gets healed up and can get on the right track but we seem to have some depth to fall back on.

It would be normal after the first extended workout on a surgically repaired knee to experience swelling.

It took Peterson a couple of months after he returned to regular football work to really get going again and he went on to win MVP that year.

He hasn't contributed anything to this offensive yet. So we are all we are missing is potential. I also think his absence isnt creating a hole that some are projecting but an opportunity for Smith or others to fill that potential.

This gives guys like Smith and Kirkwood ample opportunities to show a lot more. Hate to use an unfortunate situations as a blessing but you can see how those two are doing and are making me feel a little better about it.

I consistently forget that Meredith is on the team. Haven’t heard anything regarding plays he’s made in practice, and he was OUT of the 1st preseason game. I think we have the depth at WR to thrive despite his health (or lack thereof).

I’d already put him at #4 behind MT, Ginn, and TreQuan... and I believe Kirkwood could/would be a very solid 4th WR and even be a slight upgrade over Coleman (who could still return to the team once he heals up).

I am in the mindset of expecting nothing from Meredith, and then anything he gives us is lagniappe.

If healthy he will end up our number 2

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom