Cam Meredith new injury? (1 Viewer)

Have we started looking for replacement olymankers???

Is that like a British hooligan that has football skills? ?

I’m hopin Loomis can work out the salary cap situation to bring in a top shelf olymanker. Especially at this point in the season when all the really good olymankers have found other teams, the whole timing of this stinks, gggrrrrrrrr.

It'll be interesting to see how serious Cameron's injury is based upon the team's moves in the coming week or so.

Although he isn't a forum favorite, Dez Bryant is a similar type of receiver in this offense. By that I mean, Cameron Meredith wasn't going to be asked to stretch the defense. He's a big, possession-style receiver that can work the outside and middle of the field depending on matchups and personnel. If his (Cameron) injury is serious, perhaps a red-shirt season wouldn't hurt. It would give Tre'quan Smith time to develop and allow a "one and done" free agent receiver to boast what he has left in the tank with one of the greatest quarterbacks to play the game making him look even better.

It'll be interesting to see how serious Cameron's injury is based upon the team's moves in the coming week or so.

Although he isn't a forum favorite, Dez Bryant is a similar type of receiver in this offense. By that I mean, Cameron Meredith wasn't going to be asked to stretch the defense. He's a big, possession-style receiver that can work the outside and middle of the field depending on matchups and personnel. If his (Cameron) injury is serious, perhaps a red-shirt season wouldn't hurt. It would give Tre'quan Smith time to develop and allow a "one and done" free agent receiver to boast what he has left in the tank with one of the greatest quarterbacks to play the game making him look even better.

It would take Dez three years to learn the play book

Last edited:
Sounds more like Meredith is nursing a minor injury and the Saints are just being careful with him. I think we could still see him play in Week 3 or 4 of the preseason, and if not he’ll be ready for week 1.

I consistently forget that Meredith is on the team. Haven’t heard anything regarding plays he’s made in practice, and he was OUT of the 1st preseason game. I think we have the depth at WR to thrive despite his health (or lack thereof).

I’d already put him at #4 behind MT, Ginn, and TreQuan... and I believe Kirkwood could/would be a very solid 4th WR and even be a slight upgrade over Coleman (who could still return to the team once he heals up).

I am in the mindset of expecting nothing from Meredith, and then anything he gives us is lagniappe.
That's my mindset with Anzalone and Kikaha to be honest.

If he is really banged up or becomes injured to the point of not being able to play. Do we role with just Smith as the clear replacement or do we call Dez up? Vet minimum and the chance to play in Dallas on TNF might be acceptable to him if he is signed close to regular season.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom