Cam Meredith took pay cut (1 Viewer)

Glad to see he was willing to restructure. Hope he comes back and is able to be the slot threat we were hoping to get.

W0W. This wa a great class move by Cam! This gives us room for another signing!

Who Dat!

Pretty sure he had to. No one would ever agree to lose 2/3 of their salary because they're a nice guy.

Saints told him it was take a paycut or get cut.
Right. He wanted to stay and did the team a solid to ensure it. He could have accepted the cut and took his guaranteed money then went elsewhere. Then the Saints would have had another hole to fill and dead money.

No one is saying he's a Saint (no pun) for doing it but give the guy credit for taking the cut to stick around.

Class move by Meredith. Frees up some cap space and keeps him on the team. And here's the best part, if he comes back healthy we could have a borderline #1 type of WR to start opposite MT and we'd have him for peanuts.

I was already rooting for the guy but now I'm really rooting for him. Hopefully he's healthy and ready to show out to earn a big pay day. He has the talent. He has the motivation. He could be a star in this offense.

Unpopular opinion.... We may get cook and another guy but I also think we are creating space to roll over since Drew's number is like 40mil next season (2020)
Incorrectly reported as $40m and later corrected to lower figure, you'll find if your search the board.

Incorrectly reported as $40m and later corrected to lower figure, you'll find if your search the board.
I was being facetious about Drew's number. I still wouldn't be surprised if they are creating space to eventually roll over.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom