Cam Newton has a daily reminder that his Carolina Panthers were swept by the New Orleans Saints in three games last season. Ahead of Monday night's m (1 Viewer)

• Admin

Link to Video

By Kevin Patra | Around the NFL Writer

Cam Newton has a daily reminder that his Carolina Panthers were swept by the New Orleans Saints in three games last season.

Ahead of Monday night's matchup between the NFC South rivals, Newton noted that Saints defensive end Cameron Jordan sent wine and a broom to the Panthers quarterback to represent the sweep.

"Yeah, it was wine. And they sent a broom too," the quarterback said. "I ain't take the pack off, so I'm going to return to the sender if everything gets taken care of the way we know we can do it. And that's all in good fun."

Newton still labeled the gift "disrespectful."

"If you need a boost or a chip on your shoulder for this game... I have a constant reminder each and every day when I look in my locker," Newton said of the broom, via Max Henson of the team's official website.

"I'm ready to return to sender," Newton added, noting he and Jordan, "On the field we have a respectful dislike for each other. Off the field it's a different story." ...

Full Story - NFL.com

Andrus Whitewing

Andrus Whitewing

Admin
Cam Newton's shoulder is why he didn't run into the end zone on that goal line play that lost the game a couple weeks ago. THAT'S how the shoulder is really affecting his game. He has always been an inaccurate passer. What made him look good in 15' was the defenses leaving 10-20 yards wide open due to his running threat. He didn't have to be accurate to hit guys and most of those passes were not "in stride" passes.

In years he didn't run alot, he's really struggled passing.

The key to beating the panties now is containing CMC. He's the only thing keeping offense alive. And their defense is starting to show their age. Still very good, but definitely not the scary defense of the past.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom