Cam Newton is still a very terrible passer of the ball (1 Viewer)

Just enjoy all those Patriots band wagon fans sitting there for 20 years 🤣

must be a deep fall for those guys

Idk what Bellicheck saw in him. He’s never been a passer by any means. When he looses his ability to run like in the past, his career is over, like now
Look, I have always felt Newton is overrated and closer to the league's lower echelon than it's elite, but the options on the roster were Brian freaking Hoyer and a completely unproven Jarret Stidham. Considering what was available, even I would have added him to the roster and let the chips fall where they may.

Idk what Bellicheck saw in him. He’s never been a passer by any means. When he looses his ability to run like in the past, his career is over, like now
He saw a guy he could get for $1 mil who might be better than what he had or at least he could build an offense around to control clock and play defense

Look, I have always felt Newton is overrated and closer to the league's lower echelon than it's elite, but the options on the roster were Brian freaking Hoyer and a completely unproven Jarret Stidham. Considering what was available, even I would have added him to the roster and let the chips fall where they may.
And to be perfectly blunt, the Saints next year have a similar situation, whether some want to believe it or not. Hill or Winston. 🙄

Still in the AFC East. Maybe the Bills will figure out the Pats this year? Jets are playing for the first overall pick and the Fins are all in on Fitzmagic...

And to be perfectly blunt, the Saints next year have a similar situation, whether some want to believe it or not. Hill or Winston. 🙄
I get what you are saying, but I don't know about all that. Both Hill and Winston are more proven commodities than Stidham and have decidedly more talent and athleticism in their pinky fingers than Hoyer.

You go into a season with Hoyer and Stidham and your ceiling is probably 8-8. That's probably closer to the floor with Hill and Winston if our defense plays anything like NE's.

He had a receiver wide open on the 4th down play, would have given them first down around the Denver 10.

The pass was nowhere near the receiver.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom