Cam Newton officially has a concussion (1 Viewer)

Dude has been getting absolutely destroyed and at some point, this has to make him think twice about leaving the pocket.

I think Denver set the tone for the rest of the league in Game 1.

We are 1-3.

No win would be hollow at this point IMO.

Derek Anderson can sling the football. So we shouldn't assume it won't actually be a tougher game given that Cam has really struggled this year.

Anderson actually ended up with 17/23 172/2TD/2INT.

Now, you have to keep in mind they were in catch up mode, so the defense was likely softer, but he was also thrown in the game as opposed to planning for it.

I'm glad they finally are testing him. There have been a few times you could see he's been a bit fuzzy after a hit and they haven't done anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With all the show boating and taunting he does I'm surprised it hasn't happened more often............:idunno:

I'm glad they finally are testing him. There have been a few times you could see he's been a bit fuzzy after a hit and they haven't done anything.

Yeah, that Denver game it looked like he had cobwebs in his eyes. He's a big lad, but he is being subjected to a lot of punishment by his own instinctinve style and Rivera's willingness to use him as a running threat.

This has been going on with Scam for awhile now. Mauty concussed him last season when he slowed up scoring against us . The panties didn't have the stones to sit him then and wouldn't now if the league hadn't slapped their hand earlier....

Panthers ignored concussion protocol Week 1 after Newton got ragdolled (he went completely limp after the hit), wobbled to the sidelines, then was immediately sent back out on the field without ever having gone through the tests. Now thanks to their stupidity and win at all costs attitude they are under a microscope esp. with their treatment of Newton.

The hit Sunday was helmet to helmet but his head didn't snap back. Just a guess but it sure seems to me that it might be lingering effects from the much more severe hit he took Week 1.

Man, that kinda bums me out. I really wanted to play Carolina with Cam out there because I honestly think we're gonna win.

Now, if we win, it's a little more hollow.

Also, we don't have a great track record against no-name QBs anyways :(

I don't care if they look up one of our old Bobby Joe's and play them, a win against them is sweet either way.

Say what you want but at the end of the day he's still human. Hate him all you want but in the scope of the game. Targetting someones head like that is disgusting

I don't care if they look up one of our old Bobby Joe's and play them, a win against them is sweet either way.

Bobby Hobert?

Cam isn't missing a game, especially against us.

We already have a advantage with them on five days rest. The thing that could break that advantage is us.

On the play where he got concussed it really looked to me like Newton was pulling up to "hot dog" on his way into the endzone. Of course, had he just put his head down and ran the ball in, with serious intent and alacrity, he may have missed the head blow altogether. But I guess it's more import to him to show off than take his craft seriously.

Now he can just sit down for a couple of weeks. Dummy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom