Cam Newton questionable, Panthers down another cornerback (1 Viewer)

St. Geezy

⚜️
Reaction score
Via Bill Voth of Black and Blue Review, the Panthers have declared cornerback Robert McClain out for this week with a hamstring injury, further depleting a secondary that doesn’t need this kind of news.

Rookie James Bradberry, the best of their kiddie corps of corners is also out with a toe injury for the second straight week.

That leaves rookies Daryl Worley and Zack Sanchez (who was just promoted from the practice squad) and special teamer Teddy Williams at the position, pending any roster moves before their game against the Saints. Drew Brees just ordered free Jimmy John’s for everybody and doesn’t know why.

Cam Newton questionable, Panthers down another cornerback | ProFootballTalk

giphy.gif

Is it weird I think the keys to this game will be Ingram, Hightower, and Lasco? I feel like the Panthers are going to invest everything they've got into protecting their secondary, and the Saints run game could exploit very soft looks from their front seven. Draws and screens could get big chunks of yards.

Drew Brees just ordered free Jimmy John’s for everybody and doesn’t know why.
He sent the Panthers JJ? Was their bread toasted?

Cam will not be running. They won't risk another blow to the head at this point. He is at his wort when he has to pass from a pocket. I'd say our chances are pretty good.

This is one of those games where I'm completely fine with Drew throwing over 50 times.

This is one of those games where I'm completely fine with Drew throwing over 50 times.

Agree...very rarely would I say this, but I want us to line up and play video game football in this one. 40+ attempts for Drew.

This should be a 400-yard game. That Carolina pass rush ain't what it used to be and these guys in the secondary will get exposed.

This one will be a shootout for sure. 34-31/41-38 type game.

This game boils down to one major part, IMO - stopping the Panthers on 3rd (and 4th) down.

They almost always have a long rushing TD against us but the real kick always seems to be our defense struggling to stop their offense on key third down situations, especially late in the game.

If we are even marginally better this time around, I really like our chances.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom