Cam Newton questionable, Panthers down another cornerback (1 Viewer)

I just re-watched the highlights of last year's game in the Dome. Sigh...

The defense came away with several turnovers early on but also gave up some HUGE plays to Ginn and Olsen as well. And some huge conversions by sCam to keep the chains moving.

Man, a win this week will taste so sweet!

Wow, they only have three corners (two rookies) and four safeties on the roster. In addition to testing them we have to punish them by forcing them to make tackles. Sustain drives will be critical to exploit that secondary. Saints probably should use zone on defense to watch the ball and not turn their backs on the run. Should be a good chess match. Saints stand a good shot of winning.

Put it this way......if Fig Newton starts this week only means he'll be out next week....
I'll take one of those Jimmy Johns please....................

Panthers have been absolutely torched in the secondary in each game. Tampa ran early but by the second half it was all passing. If the line protects Drew may throw for over 400 yards. Saints defense has to show up so they can win this game and make a go of this season. Must win Sunday. This is not a "bat game" it's a track game. Pedal to the metal right from the beginning, first team to 50 points wins.

Panthers have been absolutely torched in the secondary in each game. Tampa ran early but by the second half it was all passing. If the line protects Drew may throw for over 400 yards. Saints defense has to show up so they can win this game and make a go of this season. Must win Sunday. This is not a "bat game" it's a track game. Pedal to the metal right from the beginning, first team to 50 points wins.

I don't know. Newton looks awful as a passer this year. Any progress he'd made last year seems to be gone. He's skying balls to 6'6" receivers on 10 yard routes.

Add that to him literally getting his head taken off whenever he leaves the pocket and I can see our defense actually stopping them as long as we can hold up against the run.

Yeah we've not looked good against the run. Hard to call this game. Big time vulnerabilities for both teams. Chess match... Hard to say who has advantage.

Yeah we've not looked good against the run. Hard to call this game. Big time vulnerabilities for both teams. Chess match... Hard to say who has advantage.

Well, regardless of records they are the better team. I predict a close loss in a shootout.

30c683818c10d2f31224bb60eae3b201.jpg

Time for the ************* Annexation of Puerto Rico, homies!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom