Cam Newton Riding Unicycle in Downtown (3 Viewers)

what is he doing in traffic on that thing. seems like he should be on the sidewalk,just strikes me as not very safe or smart. Glad i'm not paying him the big bucks.

And yet, here you are commenting about it.
That seems even more weird and obsessive than what you're complaining about!

How is disagreeing with weird , obsessive behavior itself weird and obsessive? Are you trying to pull me into some type of argument where we each try to make less sense than the other? No thanks.

First, obviously not a unicycle, there's clearly two rear wheels in the pic, so probably a tricycle, one of those things where you rock back and forth a bit to move the thing. Second, it's in downtown Charlotte in a bunch of hardly moving traffic. A concussion doesn't mean you're incapacitated or something. He wasn't cleared to play by the medical staff or concussion policy, doubt he had a choice whether or not to play.

Putting yourself in a place to be pounded by 300 pound men in a football game is much different than riding through downtown on a bike thing. Geez, what people get all up in a tizzy over...

Maybe he lives in downtown Charlotte and wanted to go out and grab something to eat or from the store around the corner, maybe he didn't want to stay holed up in his house or apartment or wherever, who knows? What, he shouldn't go out?

The way he dresses sometimes is funny to me and all, but plenty of people dress funny, but whatever, I guess I like someone who dresses weird, it's just clothes.

A concussion doesn't mean bed rest for goodness sake. NFL star or not, people still want to live their life. Not like he's asking for publicists or other random folk to follow him around and take pictures of everything he does.

And I'm no fan of Cam on the football field, just to be clear.

How is disagreeing with weird , obsessive behavior itself weird and obsessive? Are you trying to pull me into some type of argument where we each try to make less sense than the other? No thanks.

I don't see weird and obsessive, I see a man going somewhere on a scooter. As someone who lives car-free, I would actually commend the effort.

In any case, I don't see how riding a scooter screams "Look at me!!!" louder than if he were to drive around in an H2, or some other ridiculous vehicle, which he could easily afford.

Don't forget that this is also someone who was involved in a serious car wreck, not that long ago. He may be turned off by the idea of driving.

The fact that you read and comment on a post you think is weird and obsessive does seem a little weird. You could have easily ignored this thread and moved on. Like I said earlier, from what I can see, it's just a few people here having a little fun. No harm.
Why you feel the need to chastise people does seem a little obsessive.
Why you're defending a grown man riding on a motorized vehicle without wearing a helmet while he's on a concussion protocol is beyond me:idunno:???

Not sure whats scarier Cam riding a bike in the middle of traffic with no helmet on concussion protocol or a few Saints fans getting offended that a pic was posted of it and they are by some miracle confused as to how it relates to football.

This is my opinion as well. I think it has morphed into a slight obsession, honestly. There is one for Matt Ryan as well, albeit not as rabid.

It's like if you aren't always trying to bash Cam over his clothes or his mannerisms on the field, you aren't a true Saints fan. Ya'll act like the guy is Darren Sharper or something. Cam may be pouty at times or eccentric, but he's far from a bad dude. :rolleyes:

The Matt Ryan obsession was pretty bad up through like 2012.....it's just that after that, the Falcons really haven't been a major threat in the division.....whereas Carolina started trending upward from 2013 on forward.

While I myself am not interested in Cam's odd clothing choices or him roller skating or cycling or whatever......it actually does make a little more sense that people are quick to look for reasons to take shots at him, because of his negative attention-seeking ways. All last season he rubbed the Panthers' winning ways in everyone's faces with his idiotic dancing, and more or less did the equivalent of giving everyone the middle finger by saying "keep me out of the end zone if you don't want me to dance". Yet when he ended up on the wrong side of the scoreboard in the SB, he got up in middle of a press conference and walked off. "Hey, if you don't wanna have to give a press conference after losing a SB, don't lose a SB".

On the other hand, there is Matt Ryan.....who just strikes me as a normal guy who wants to be successful in the NFL and win games. The enjoyment in seeing him lose pertains solely to the fact that he is QB of a division rival.

Nonetheless, I suspect Cam will be reminded this season that the general public only finds all that little quirky cutesiness to be interesting when you are winning games. Von Miller also has that goofy side to him, but he just won a SB and is regarded as the best defensive player in football. If you're goofy and not winning, you're basically Chad Johnson at the end of his Bengal tenure.....where the majority of people just want to yawn and roll their eyes instead of being all "OMG HE CHANGED HIS LAST NAME TO WHAAAAAT?"

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom