Cam Newton to Pats (1 Viewer)

jasonsw

Swimmer is my friend
Reaction score
And Matty Slush the best QB in the NFC South
That still cracks me up. In 15 starts Matt Ryan threw 26TD and 14 INT. In 11 starts Drew threw 27 TD and 3 INT. In one of those starts Drew Barely played before he was injured. Nevermind that Ryan had the more Talented receiving core last year also.

jasonsw

Swimmer is my friend
Reaction score
Do you really think Newton is as good a QB as Brady was with the Pats?.............................................not in a million years!!
No I don't. But there are 7 seeds for each conference and the AFC outside of Baltimore and Kansas City is not strong. Buffalo, Pittsburgh Tenn are good not great. On the next tier of teams is SD and Indy. I think NE finds a way to get in the Playoffs. I thought they were a contender with Stidham to begin with.

Swimmer

Medsamust Saint Fan
Reaction score
Richard Sherman thinks it's disgusting since he had to sign for the minimum. I don't understand this. There was no market for Cam so what were the Patriots supposed to do give him a mega deal just because? He calls Cam a transcendent talent and that was true years ago but injuries have taken a toll. Cam Newton isn't the first good QB who had to play for less after injuries or diminished skill. It's fairly common.

Instead of being happy that Cam got another shot Sherman is trying to turn this into something it's not. This is a prove it deal. If Cam shows that he's still a transcendent talent then he'll be paid accordingly.
Good points Drago. I have a feeling we will see more and more of this if the mobile QB becomes predominant. Just like RBs, they will take a physical beating and teams will be very wary of the mega 2nd contract for a player who may have used up his elite physical traits. And especially physical mobile QBs who are going on 3rd contracts. There is just so much injury and lowered performance risks

Trey W.

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
If Cam’s shoulder is still messed up and he can’t throw the ball like the beginning of last season he’s in the perfect dunk and dunk offense.

LuvNOLA

WHO DAT
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
In before Cam pulls something like this....FullSizeR.jpg
I can’t wait to see how Bellycheat reacts when Cam shows up to the podium in the latest women’s fashion design outfit. 🤣🏈👍

antipop

drool mop
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I can’t wait to see how Bellycheat reacts when Cam shows up to the podium in the latest women’s fashion design outfit. 🤣🏈👍
Belicheck is in no position to comment on anyone's fashion choices

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
woohoosaint Stephen A on the Newton and Winston contracts Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 34