Cam Newton to Pats (2 Viewers)

This deal puts the Patriots back in the Playoffs.

I don't know about this ......... but the move itself makes sense.

Just about anybody following Brady was going to be a downgrade.......but Hoyer or Stidham as the successor?

I really have no idea how Stidham will pan out, but Hoyer is the perfect backup......the type of guy who you'd want in a 2019 Bridgewater situation....5 to 6 games. Not the guy you want to craft a season around.

It's a funny one for me. Bill must be getting bored over there you guys think?

It just doesn't make a lot of sense to me and i would expect he would be a back up to start the season.

I don't see that. Cam is a shell of his former self. I'm sure that he's going to be better than Stidham or whoever their presumptive starter was, but I don't think the Pats + Cam are the "instant stone cold lock to win the division" that they have been for the past 20 years.

Pats+Cam will be one of the 6-10 teams that have a legit shot to get to the Super Bowl, but they won't be anyone's favorite and they're not going to intimidate anyone just by walking on the field like they did with Brady.
I agree with almost all of what you wrote. I don't necessarily agree that he is a shell of himself though.
Newton has never been an accurate passer and he has a notoriously slow release. This is the opposite of the Josh Gordon - Belechik offensive approach.
The one benefit Newton will get that he hasn't ever had is roughing qb calls. The refs will not deny Bellichek on those calls.
I don't think they will be that good aside from defense.

Bill has no patience for this. Let's see all the Superman,crybaby antics in NE.

He won't pull his baby show-boat antics with Bellicheck and the Pats teammates won't allow that either. This is the perfect situation for Cam to finally grow-up: 1) If he can still play the game at a high level which is doubtful 2) If he can actually mature in the right system

Smart move for both sides. Unfortunately I think Cam is done because of the shoulder. It’s a devastating injury for a QB.

Sub-package QB or preseason cut.

Newton will add to their goal line package, where Bill has always looked for diverse options.

I wonder what effect this will have on compensatory draft picks.

Newton was the #1 overall. I believe they were slated a mere 11 picks for 2021. Now minus a 3rd after the (latest) Spygate episode.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom