Cam Trying to Recruit DeForest Buckner? (1 Viewer)

That won’t be enough to get us under. We have to sign enough players to fill out a 53 man roster, which will add another $21m to the cap. The Over the Cap numbers also assume that we let Ruiz walk, Spotrac factors in a fifth year option for him. That puts us at $331m in cap obligations going into 2024, and if Thomas doesn’t get re-signed it will be another $22m on top of that.
Additional restructures will take place with Demario, Hill, Peat and Kamara’s. The initial three of Lattimore, Ramcyzk, and Carr are for cap compliance and puts it under just with the three larger contracts.

We’ve created significant cap space and addressed depth this offseason despite beginning over the cap by a lot. Thomas’ new long term contract will have a low cap in his first year like our contracts usually does. The same as Ruiz’s 5th year option, void years can be added to his 5th year option after it’s picked up like Davenport’s was. Even though I don’t think it makes sense to pick up the 14M option for a RG. There’s cons on the surface to how all of their contracts fits when starting out over the cap. But there are solutions to fit big contracts of important players and still have a lot of cap space to work with.

I'd give up our 1 or 2 for Buckner

It's the last thing our defense is missing from being top ten... to top 1 or 2.

You give that to carr with a 100% healthy MT..

It's superbowl

I find myself asking this question. Are the Saints a DeForest Buckner away from making a run at the Super Bowl? Probably not but then again, who knows? If they fool around and get the D line back on track and we have a pass rush again then it might be straight up on.

Last season was horrible but as bad as it was we were weren't getting punked out there. Nobody was running us off the field by 30 points. Just look at we did against the NFC playoff teams:

L - Bucs 10-20
L - Vikings 28-25
W - Seahawks 39-32
L - 49ers 0-13
L - Bucs 17-16
W - Eagles 20-10

Even with the QB and injuries all of over the place they still weren't that far away.

Last edited:
I find myself asking this question. Are the Saints a DeForest Buckner away from making a run at the Super Bowl? Probably not but then again, who knows? If they fool around and get the is D line back on track and we have a pass rush again then it might be straight up on.

Last season was horrible but as bad as it was we were weren't getting punked out there. Nobody was running us off the field by 30 points. Just look at we did against the NFC playoff teams:

L - Bucs 10-20
L - Vikings 28-25
W - Seahawks 39-32
L - 49ers 0-13
L - Bucs 17-16
W - Eagles 20-10

Even with the QB and injuries all of over the place they still weren't that far away.
Definitely should’ve won the Vikings game and second Bucs game. Maybe the 49ers too if Thomas played and we’d score 2 TDs by him or with his coverage helping other guys score in the redzone.

Vikings and Bucs games is where a Buckner would have put the game away. If we had his pass rush, I don’t think Cousins escapes from DL touching him and Brady doesn’t come back and win.

Half of our losses seems like it’s because pass rushers can’t complete the sack or force a bad throw enough when they’re right in front of the QB. QBs ends up making a game changing throw during those almost sacks. Pass rush makes that much of a difference between being 7-10 and 10-7 from crucial moments

Good Player for sure, but way too expensive probably and in addition it would cost us a draft choice. We have other needs IMO that take priority and who would be cheaper.

While this is the kind of move that would have us in the deep playoffs conversation it's also the kind we probably shouldn't make financially. Our plan with the exception of QB is go after lower priced FA's to fill holes, draft well and pay our guys. I wonder if a pressure player would be another exception.

Loomis could give him an extension so it lowers his cap hit this year and next and gives him some guaranteed money for the next 4 years. Chances of finding a guy that can give you interior pressure in the draft is low so it's not out of the realm of possibility.

Buckner has had a very good solid career thus far. I wouldn't mind trading for him. It would be even better if they couldn't trade him an he would asked to be released. Then we could pursue him without having to give up any draft picks.

I find myself asking this question. Are the Saints a DeForest Buckner away from making a run at the Super Bowl? Probably not but then again, who knows? If they fool around and get the D line back on track and we have a pass rush again then it might be straight up on.

L - Bucs 10-20
L - Vikings 28-25
W - Seahawks 39-32
L - 49ers 0-13
L - Bucs 17-16
W - Eagles 20-10

If last year taught me anything just get to the playoffs, you never know what can happen from there.

Look at the Eagles for instance. They won their division and played against the Giants then 49ers without a QB. You don't think we would beat those teams?

The NFC is incredibly weak, especially at the QB position. It's wide open for anyone to take it. Now is the time to make a move.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom