Cam Trying to Recruit DeForest Buckner? (1 Viewer)

Pass. Hit the draft for pass rusher.
You would pass on one of the best defensive linemen in football? 5th in QB pressures last season and 2nd in stops made among IDL. I don't know that we'd even be able to pull it off, but with our D Line being one of our biggest weaknesses, how could you pass on a guy that would immediately make you significantly better?

You would pass on one of the best defensive linemen in football? 5th in QB pressures last season and 2nd in stops made among IDL. I don't know that we'd even be able to pull it off, but with our D Line being one of our biggest weaknesses, how could you pass on a guy that would immediately make you significantly better?
Not that contract. I want a younger dude (draft) on a rookie 4 year deal. We aren't going all in on a Super Bowl run this year.

Not that contract. I want a younger dude (draft) on a rookie 4 year deal. We aren't going all in on a Super Bowl run this year.

I don’t understand why this keeps getting repeated as fact. We have the fourth best odds in the conference right now, and the teams ahead of us - PHI, SF, and DAL - aren’t lightyears ahead of us.

I don’t understand why this keeps getting repeated as fact. We have the fourth best odds in the conference right now, and the teams ahead of us - PHI, SF, and DAL - aren’t lightyears ahead of us.
This is my thought process also, we have a pretty solid team already that we can still add pieces to via draft/FA/trade. Rest of the division doesn’t blow anyone away, and there’s really only a few contenders in the entire conference to deal with this year. If we were to ever go all in to win another title, now is definitely the time.

This is my thought process also, we have a pretty solid team already that we can still add pieces to via draft/FA/trade. Rest of the division doesn’t blow anyone away, and there’s really only a few contenders in the entire conference to deal with this year. If we were to ever go all in to win another title, now is definitely the time.
You guys are never getting in the Saints' Goth Kids Club...

Right! Only loser organizations think things like “we aren’t going all in this year on a SB”

I can guarantee the Saints FO thinks they’re contenders with the right pieces or there’s zero chance they go out and sign Carr

A lot of us prefer that the Saints win the salary cap instead of winning games. Rely on young draft picks who underperforms or stay injured like our last two first round DLinemen. But at least he’s on a cheap contract and we’d have so much cap room.

We can acquire good-elite vets and load up on young draft talent at the same time like we’ve been doing. The large cap hits on our cap will start fading out in 2025.

Last edited:
and strangely, none are NFCS teams.

I agree that we are not in striking range to do that. However, DA wants to keep his job, and winning the division could give him a better chance. I bet DA is all in on keeping his job, and he is a defensive coach. I could see this happen even though maybe it shouldn't from a cap and long term team building standpoint.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom