Cam tweet (1 Viewer)

Well, the season doesn't start for 5 months, so I see no reason to panic about a possible 6-8 week injury.

I think that Cam's argument (which is a very good argument) is that players are not being appropriately educated about their condition and treatment options. They are being told one thing during the season, and another thing immediately after the season ends. That's unethical medical practice.

They can get a job that won't leave them crippled. It's a choice they make going in. I don't feel bad for them. When a player is on the ground, they should drag them off the field by the face mask to keep the game on. We don't need a 10 minute break because of an injury. It's entertainment. I want to watch football. Not a player lying on the ground and commercial after commercial because of it.

I think we all forgot that it's your world and we're just living in it. Our bad.

On another note.....where is the ignore button? Dear God....

But it IS your fault that they aren't getting better care. Because your mentality has driven this problem among NFL execs and NFL owners for generations. Laborers have always been taken advantage of by their employers. It's why a no-fault workpersons compensation has been established in our country. People were falling off skyscrapers and getting significantly injured on the job and employers were telling their employees "that's the risk you take when you signed up". So employers had absolutely NO INCENTIVE to make working conditions safe for it's employees...because safe working conditions COSTS MONEY. Now, employers actually care about the health of their employees, and it allows people like you and I to have a much safer workplace environment.

The NFL should be trying to keep the NFL as safe of a workplace as possible. But there have been SIGNIFICANT barriers to that occurring. One...players have been misled by their front office in regards to injury prevention and return to play. It happened a number of times this SEASON alone (with both the Jets and the Redskins). Second...players are often unaware of their rights to seek an outside opinion. Though many of them are wealthy, they also feel threatened by asking for a second opinion (seen in the Jets case this year). There was also a case (actually NUMEROUS cases) this year of the Jaguars DENYING players the right to seek a second opinion...and it resulted in the NFLPA telling players to not sign with the Jags, and it resulted in Tom Coughlin being fired.
They are playing football. If they want a safe working environment then they are in the wrong business. Flag football won't bring in billions.

If they can't get 2nd opinions then that needs to change.

Maybe I missed it. But I’m surprised the replies to his tweet on Twitter have not been posted. A Hicks and Ben Watson both joined in the conversation.
What they bring up is that is the saints practice. Hicks says his ankle is still messed up bc of his time here.

I think that Cam's argument (which is a very good argument) is that players are not being appropriately educated about their condition and treatment options. They are being told one thing during the season, and another thing immediately after the season ends. That's unethical medical practice.
I agree with everything you said but he should run to be a rep because he does have more info than most people being a 2nd generation player who is very intelligent. That said, is he hurt or not?

I just went back to look at tweet again. Looks like a few of the replies have been deleted. They pointed to pain med to play and other stuff during the season.

I just went back to look at tweet again. Looks like a few of the replies have been deleted. They pointed to pain med to play and other stuff during the season.

Between this and the cryptic Kamara tweets that seem to indicate a hidden injury, there's a lot of smoke around the Saints medical staff. Organizations run by Mickey Loomis seem to have quite a history of turbulence in that regard.

When they sign a contract to play the agreement is that the medical staff will be honest with them about their injuries, it's not that they don't expect to not get injured. That's the difference and why you're wrong.
;), ya right.

These are human beings. How can you be so callous toward them? What's wrong with you?

Human beings are intelligent and free to choose their job. If they're scared of getting hurt, they chose the wrong occupation. Do we want to protect their health? Yes, of course. Without a doubt. Do we want to delude ourselves that one can play football without any pain or injury? Apparently some of us do. The reality is, everyone plays with some injury and pain from game 1 to game 16. Some are mature, stable, and tough enough to know this, and you never hear from them. Others are not built that way and should retire.

Human beings are intelligent and free to choose their job. If they're scared of getting hurt, they chose the wrong occupation. Do we want to protect their health? Yes, of course. Without a doubt. Do we want to delude ourselves that one can play football without any pain or injury? Apparently some of us do. The reality is, everyone plays with some injury and pain from game 1 to game 16. Some are mature, stable, and tough enough to know this, and you never hear from them. Others are not built that way and should retire.

All true. Did you read the comment, though? Callous and with little regard for the fact that these are people, not objects who exist for his own amusement.

Did Keenan Lewis have a legitimate gripe?

I agree with everything you said but he should run to be a rep because he does have more info than most people being a 2nd generation player who is very intelligent. That said, is he hurt or not?

It's vague. Cam has been incredibly healthy his Saints career. He could have been speaking on behalf of a teammate or another NFL player who is very frustrated with the process. Knowing how social aware and intelligent that Cam is...I believe that its probably the later.

For the record, I'm pretty conservative. I'm a firm believer in personal responsibility...but I also believe in human rights. The NFL is doing a very poor job on a number of levels in regards to medical care. I don't even think that it is questionable at this point. There have been far too many cases to say anything other than that the NFL is failing right now. They are INCREDIBLY hypocritical...they only care about public perception and truly care nothing about the players helping them earn billions. The player rights that are on the books aren't always known by the players, and its in the teams interest to keep NFL players ignorant.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom