Cam tweet (1 Viewer)

Did Keenan Lewis have a legitimate gripe?

Delvin Breaux was a complete travesty. I think that it's the low point of my time as a Saints fan. Of course Keenan Lewis had a legitimate gripe. There is no way you can see the care that Delvin Breaux received as say that it ONLY happened to him. Poor, team centered, medical care was happening much more often than many of us want to admit. Hopefully the Saints have clean it up, but knowing what's at stake, I hold a high level of skepticism.

Last edited:
Human beings are intelligent and free to choose their job. If they're scared of getting hurt, they chose the wrong occupation. Do we want to protect their health? Yes, of course. Without a doubt. Do we want to delude ourselves that one can play football without any pain or injury? Apparently some of us do. The reality is, everyone plays with some injury and pain from game 1 to game 16. Some are mature, stable, and tough enough to know this, and you never hear from them. Others are not built that way and should retire.

This is all fine and good. It's also perfectly reasonable for them to expect their employers to take reasonable precautions to protect them from long-term injury, just as every other employer in the country is required to do.

The fact that football is a violent sport and the fact that the NFL should do its very best to protect the long-term health of its players are two things that can exist simultaneously.

Who knows what Cam is actually talking about, and of course there are always two sides to every story. But if players who have legitimate injuries that require surgery are being told "you're fine, suit up and play" and then being told the injury is serious in the offseason, that is gross negligence by the medical staff and team. The fact that football is violent has absolutely no relevance to this.

Last edited:
Gotta agree with him, he's pointing out that they go from telling players that it's probably a minor injury that jsut needs one day rest, one day to test it out and then they'll be good to play on Sunday. Then, in the next breath "wow, this is such a bad injury, you need surgury immidiately!"

Like Saintsin09 said, it's about the money.

Well to be fair, it's like that from little league on up. Especially in the pros. For the money they're paid, and how difficult it is to replace a player mid-season, and the fact that coaches and GMs get fired for losing, EVEN if they have 20 starters on IR... the old adage goes something like, "IF you can play, you play".

It's not quite as merciless as it may sound IMO. ALL players get banged up during the season. If every player that gets hurt has surgery and goes on IR, then every team would be in a serious bind come late in the season.

And it's in many players best interest to play if they can. Unless they're already locked into a big multi-year contract, then they're playing for their next deal. A player's value drops tremendously if they're coming off of a season ending IR. Having a surgery in the offseason doesn't lower their value as much, especially if they're healed up by camp.

Well to be fair, it's like that from little league on up. Especially in the pros. For the money they're paid, and how difficult it is to replace a player mid-season, and the fact that coaches and GMs get fired for losing, EVEN if they have 20 starters on IR... the old adage goes something like, "IF you can play, you play".

It's not quite as merciless as it may sound IMO. ALL players get banged up during the season. If every player that gets hurt has surgery and goes on IR, then every team would be in a serious bind come late in the season.

And it's in many players best interest to play if they can. Unless they're already locked into a big multi-year contract, then they're playing for their next deal. A player's value drops tremendously if they're coming off of a season ending IR. Having a surgery in the offseason doesn't lower their value as much, especially if they're healed up by camp.

Oh yea I agree. But I don't think Cam's reffering to typical mid-season being knicked up, things that just need surgery to "clean something up" or whatever. They either know, it is probably a season ender, and they choose to still push to player to practice and then play, until they absolutely have to IR them. Orrr they are incompetent and believe it's not actually a season ender, then after prac/play they realize it is, put them on IR and the player is sitting there wondering how they misjudged something to blatantly obvious.

Remember how big of a deal Delvin Breaux's misdiagnosis was?

Oh yea I agree. But I don't think Cam's reffering to typical mid-season being knicked up, things that just need surgery to "clean something up" or whatever. They either know, it is probably a season ender, and they choose to still push to player to practice and then play, until they absolutely have to IR them. Orrr they are incompetent and believe it's not actually a season ender, then after prac/play they realize it is, put them on IR and the player is sitting there wondering how they misjudged something to blatantly obvious.

Remember how big of a deal Delvin Breaux's misdiagnosis was?

Yeah, Breaux's missed diagnosis was a doozie.

But you could look at it another way (Cam's post). Could be teams simply go overboard treating things in the offseason when there's more emphasis on erring on the side of caution.

Or people could be reading too much into the tweet. Cam just released a vid roughly 2 weeks ago - post season - of him running full speed with his kids.

It didn't look like a single part of him needed surgery so I'd have to say it was just a random tweet.

Nothing to see here.

Last edited:
He went from DPOY contender to trailing off the last quarter of the season so not surprised he may be injured. ALthought that could have to do with Davenprt going out as well

Just never could get interested in cryptic Twitter shenanigans.

"Guys, what is Deuce trying to tell us about watching the Saints transactions in the next few days?" (Turned out to be nothing of any relevance, assuming he ever bothered following up and addressing it at all)

"What is Tom Brady implying by this photo???? Is he retiring???? (A head start on a Super Bowl commercial)

There's pretty much never a worthwhile payoff or clarification, and yet people still lose their minds trying to figure out what's going on.

I think he's just pointing out how during the season the coaches act like it's not that serious but once the season is over then it's the most important thing ever.

I think we all forgot that it's your world and we're just living in it. Our bad.

On another note.....where is the ignore button? Dear God....

I have that person on ignore myself. I love the ignore feature, some people on here are insane with their takes to the point that if they told me the sky was blue I would question it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom