Camera doorbell question (1 Viewer)

doctorj

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
5 months ago I had my security company install a SkyBell doorbell and it worked OK until just recently. It cannot find the internet connection now. I tried reinstalling it and it cannot find the connection. The router is in the rear of the house and I have an expander-booster already (Highest rated 750). Would it be worth buying a different brand ( Ring has good reviews) or am I doomed because of my ATT internet. I went to the local BestBuy and that is what the kid salesman told me. Just checking.

What are your internet speeds? Try unplugging your wifi extender and plugging it back in then search for signal.

What are your internet speeds? Try unplugging your wifi extender and plugging it back in then search for signal.
I did several times, It turns green as in connecting. The speed of my internet is 50 ??. It is part of a bundle package.

If the doorbell can be disconnected and turned on closer to the strongest internet signal, you would at least know that much.

If that is the case, your wifi signal isn't strong enough to reach your door.
React accordingly.

You could consider a pair of powerline adapters (which are pretty cheap and run internet over your electric lines) and put another wifi access point in the front of the house.

Or, I would recommend a mesh internet system (orbi and similar products) and just upgrade your wifi across the board. Extenders rarely work very well.

You could consider a pair of powerline adapters (which are pretty cheap and run internet over your electric lines) and put another wifi access point in the front of the house.

Or, I would recommend a mesh internet system (orbi and similar products) and just upgrade your wifi across the board. Extenders rarely work very well.
Thank you buzd. I bought the Orbi Mesh System and I am up and running again. Thanks!!!

Thank you buzd. I bought the Orbi Mesh System and I am up and running again. Thanks!!!
I've had my Orbi (1st gen) a couple of years now.
Easily one of the best electronics purchases I've made.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom