Cameras for Parking Violations? (1 Viewer)

well, that's ludicrous....especially since the cameras are set to catch even the slightest running of a red light.....there are no laws against having someone else drive my car...

and what about a parent who let's their kid drive.....

moving violations should go to the driver

In California, they do go to the driver. And they DO provide a picture of the driver. You, as the owner of the vehicle, can fill out an affidavit of non-liability, explaining that it wasn't you driving the car. In order to do that, you have to provide information about who the actual driver was. You can't get out of it by saying it wasn't you.

In California, they do go to the driver. And they DO provide a picture of the driver. You, as the owner of the vehicle, can fill out an affidavit of non-liability, explaining that it wasn't you driving the car. In order to do that, you have to provide information about who the actual driver was. You can't get out of it by saying it wasn't you.

IIRC in Arlington Virginia they take photos of the driver, but don't tell you that. They allow you to contest the ticket by saying you weren't driving and then they hit you with the photo of yourself (or whoever was driving) and they ask you to tell them who that is.

Of course this is all from back in 2002 or so. I could very well be making it all up.:covri:

IIRC in Arlington Virginia they take photos of the driver, but don't tell you that. They allow you to contest the ticket by saying you weren't driving and then they hit you with the photo of yourself (or whoever was driving) and they ask you to tell them who that is.

Of course this is all from back in 2002 or so. I could very well be making it all up.:covri:

They got one better here in California.

They have video footage of all the violations, as well as the still photos and the photo of the driver.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom