Cameron Jordan to visit Israel for Week-Long Inspirational Tour (1 Viewer)

Hope not. Sports is usually my relief from political/religious debates. The land/ideology war in Israel is one very contentious issue.

I hear you and I agree with you. Maybe the best thing the NFL can do is to not participate in the tour at all given how contentious the issue is. Especially since they're only endorsing one perspective.

What if the Palestinians sponsored a tour?

It's a missed opportunity by the NFL to help spark a neutral, national discussion about the issue.

You're probably right. However, you'd have to assume the Netanyahu administration would be politicizing the trip for its own ends, and to create obejctivity/dialogue you'll have to go totally cross-current with your tour handlers.....

Like everything else in Palestine, a damn mess.

I was in a couple of those place in Israel. Was a wonderful place to visit. Wish I was a bit older than 21 when I went though.

Everyone is peaceful in my book. Except when their land is slowly being take away by unlawful settlement - human instinct is to fight back. Thus, peace is no longer an options.

Eleven NFL players were scheduled to take a trip to Israel this week, where they would both learn more about the culture and teach people there about American football. But only five players went through with the trip.

Seahawks defensive end Michael Bennett announced that he would not attend because “my itinerary was being constructed by the Israeli government” in a way that he thought would constitute Israel using him for its own public relations purposes. After Bennett made his statement, other players joined him.

According to the Times of Israel, Bennett was joined in skipping the trip by his teammate Cliff Avril, his brother Martellus Bennett, Dolphins receiver Kenny Stills, 49ers running back Carlos Hyde, Broncos running back Justin Forsett and former NFL linebacker Kirk Morrison.

The five players participating are Cardinals defensive end Calais Campbell, Raiders defensive tackle Dan Williams, Saints defensive end Cameron Jordan, Titans tight end Delanie Walker and Eagles linebacker Mychal Kendricks.

Most players pull out of planned trip to Israel | ProFootballTalk

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom